Getting the out of office delegations

• 5 January 2015
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi all.
Is there a way to get the destination users and groups of an out of office delegations of a  user from the api?

10x.

Yuval

1 reply

Badge +10

Hi Yuval,

Check out the activity instance destination smartobject.

16579iA5F2EEE386E25228.png

1. I've created a simple workflow called "BobApproval", in which my user "DenallixBob" is set as the approver.

16394i9DB0DC1447E4FF55.png

2. I've created an instance to test the workflow's normal process (BobTest1), Bob approves the process normally

16031iBA5C88E71EF49585.png

3. Bob leaves for his vacation, and "DenallixBarry" takes over his worklist items. A new instance was created (BobTest2), which is actioned by Barry

10940i4BC10445E9AA2E62.png

4. SmartObject Service Tester output of the "Activity Instance Destination" List method after both worklist items are actioned.

So, in this case, to determine the user who actioned the workflow, you should be able to use the list method and filter by any of the options provided by the service tester to determine the actual user responsible for actioning the item, regardless of delegation. In order to do this in an automated fashion, simply call that list method and filter on the known values for the workflow instance.

Try it out in the service tester in your environment and let me know if that gets you to the right place.

Regards,

Mike

13133iAD0684FCCE8DC893.png