Updating Worklist

• 18 March 2009
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

I am using BlackPoint and I am trying to update a worklist item based on the data from a Infopath xml document.

I have found some posts for K2 net Studio and I tried to do the same by using a reference even and calling a contructor and Method but I could not get it to work yet.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

5 replies

Badge +3

Hi Francine

Can you give us a little more detail about what you are trying to achieve.

Badge +3

ok.

I have a Form library with an Infopath form. When the user submit a new item the K2 process starts, then in the process I save the Infopath form in the Form library as a xml file so that the user can see the item and if needed make some modification on some fields.

So during the process, it could happend that made a mistake in the previous INfoPath form so they will open the xml from the Form library make the changes and save the form.

In my process I set the Folio with the first name and last name that was entered in the InfoPath form but when they modify the xml from the Form Library and adjust the first or last name then the pending worklist item folio doesn't match anymore the xml form data.

Badge +3

When you start a InfoPath integrted process with K2 blackpoint (or blackpearl) a copy of the InfoPath form is stored in the process - this effectively becomes the master form. Saving a copy of the infopath form to the document library is a great way to archive the form at certain points in the process however if someone was to open that form and make a change to it will have no impact on the running K2 blackpoint process nor the InfoPath form within the process.

Badge +2

I have a question about
this situation...

There is the possibility
to achieve the Infopath form stored in the process (even in read-only)
from any side of MOSS UI (for example from a form library).

To do this I must create a
smartobject from a specify form library and then map it in my infopath template
or is there another automated way?

I think could be very
usefully access this data in same situation...

Badge +3

To save a copy or archive the InfoPath form into a document library you can simply use the SharePoint Documents wizard and the Upload feature. When asked select "From K2 Field" and select the top InfoPath node (will be the name of your form) in the XML Datafields. It will ask for a name of the file, you can call it what ever you like just be sure to add a .xml file extension. From there you can include whatever meta data you like based upon the available columns in the document library.

It's very simple and there's no need for SmartObjects at all.