Error on submitting a Form in K2

Badge +3

Hi,

I was trying to create a form in K2 using smartobjects generated from smartobject service tester. When I press the create button, it throws an error saying ''smartobject property ItemImage is a required property for the selected method create. FileName property must be set"(screenshot attached). Has anyone faced this kind of issue before? Any help would be highly appreciated.

Sami

13963i0D9E7DED1ECA4BEB.jpg

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8
Dear ,

This error appears when u have a REQUIRED field in ur data base table and then u tey to create a record in this table without providing this specific field ,
So , u got imageitem column field in ur tabel that is requires , but u dont provide it with a value either u dobt do it in ur form or maybe dont do it in ur create method configuration mapping .

Regards.
Badge +3

Thank you for your response. I have a drop down list in my view which automatically populates the ItemImage field. I have used this view to create my form.I have checked the mapping configuration and it seems ok. The itemimage gets populated in the form but upon clicking the create button I get this error ("smartobject property ItemImage is a required property for the selected method create. FileName property must be set").  Any suggestions?

Regards,

Sami.

16048i59454E1BD050593E.jpg
Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi Sami,

Can you do us a favor and put a couple of image captures of your rule configuration for the create button on this thread. I am in agreement with Ahmad that it has to be a mapping issue. There is something that has been over looked with regard to the File Name property in your rule OR the file name property hasn't been mapped from your smart object to the service. 

Also, you have mentioned that you generated the smart objects from the Service Tester, but you neglected to mention what service type those smart objects were using. SmartBox? SQL? something else?  

I would recommend working through the rule to see if you missed the file name property and also opening up the SmartObject and validating that all the necessary properties are mapped for the create method. Any screen shots of rule configuration or smart object create method mappings would be helpful.

S.

Badge +3

Hi Scott

Thank you for your response. I am using SQL Server service type to create my smartobjects. Also, I forgot to mention earlier that the mappings for the create method were done automatically, once I created the 'create' button. I have attached the screenshots of the mappings and the rule. Any suggestion would be highly appreciated. 

Regards,

Sami

11000i09252079FEFAA5CE.jpg
11047i28D7DDDC82EB710D.jpg
14889i35AAEA54261D8AA5.jpg