Reminder to be sent on a particular date

• 28 July 2006
  • 5 replies

Badge +1
Hi,

I would like create a remeinder to send to user on the date specified by the user. If user do not specify the date to remind, system will just sent the reminder every 2 days.

How can i go about doing it ?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Tay.hl

5 replies

Badge +3
Hi,

Perhaps you can use escalations with an entry in the string table that you can modify when the user specify a date ?
Badge +9
Nope, that will not do it. The thing is, K2.net Server schedules the Escalations at the point that the Activity Instance gets created, changes made to data fields and/or string tables will not have any effect on this.
Badge +1
- Is the reminder at a workflow step that is waiting for the user to do something? (like Infopath Activity) - I've used escalations for this.

- Or should it be a new workflow step that can wait for that date (and do nothing else) to remind the user. - add a Default event and changed the "Start Rule" for a long period (2 hours so it doesn't fire too often) and creat a "default Server" event which does nothing (in your case you can look for null "field with date" and place in now()+2days). Activity should have 2 lines out. One Line points to itself (same activity) and has a rule if date.now()< "field with date". The other line proceeds in the workflow to the next activity which mails the user(s). This line has a rule if date.now()>= "field with date".
Badge +1
Thks for the reply.

What i need to do is that user had a option to click on the "Pending" button to pend the request, and request should only sent reminder email to user on / after the specific date he/she selected.

But if the pending action is not done, by default the reminder should be sent every 2 days to user for action if no action is done for that request.

If updating the data field would not re-trigger the escalation, may i know how i can go abt doing it ? Or in this kind of cenario i can't use escalation but have to treat it as another activity ?

Thanks in advance.
Badge +7
Hi,

I could imagine something like this:

add a datepicker control to your form. Also have a checkbox in your from (may be called pending). When you click the checkbox the datepicker appears. Select a date and save it to a process data field. Add a line to your workflow which just loops to the same activity. Add an Escalation (eMail) to that activity, select Escalate On, select the data field created before, select "And then after" (two days) "reapeated for" 10 times if you want.
When the user now clicks the submit button he finished the activity/event but also creates a new worklist item for the same activity. In the line rule check if the "pending" check box is "true".

Haven't tried it myself but I guess it should work. If not please correct me.