Open Failed: Open may only be called on a primary login

Badge +3

We have 3 domains, DEV, TEST and PROD. There is no connection between the domains.

We have just upgraded to the latest version of K2 4.5. But now we are getting some really strange errors.

We only have Visual Studio in the DEV environment. I have Environment templates for all systems, so we can switch between the systems before creating deploy package.

Before we upgraded we normally create the process with DEV as environment selected in the Object Browser. After finish developing we changed to TEST, and create a new deploy package, copied the package to the K2HostServer in the TEST Domain the msbuild.exe to deploy it, with no problem.

But after upgrading we get an error:

---- Task started: Publish InfoPath Form Template(s) with Form Services ----
    **** InfoPath Form Template: TestForm ****
    C:Documents and Settings estadministratorDesktopDESKTOPDebugDeploymentMyTestProcess.msbuild(166,5): error : Open Failed : Open may only be called on a primary login
Done building target "InfoPath Process and Event Deployment" in project "MyTestProcess.msbuild" -- FAILED.

Done building project "MyTestProcess.msbuild" -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.
C:Documents and Settings estadministratorDesktopDESKTOPDebugDeploymentMyTestProcess.msbuild(166,5): error : Open Failed : Open may only be called on a primary login
    0 Warning(s)
    1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:01.52

If I disable Infopath_Process_And_Event_Deployment in the .msbuild file its then gets deploy with no error.

It looks like it’s having problem with the IP form, but what is the issue??

10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

I think you need some of the Client assemblies on the machine where you are trying to deploy from. Not all assemblies are compiled into the MSBUILD package. Try installing only the K2 Client components on the server from which you are trying to deploy.

Before the upgrade sis you also have InfoPath integrate processes that you managed to deploy form a machine with no Client components on?

HTH

Vernon

Badge +3

How do I install the K2 Client components with out reinstalling the server?

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Run the full installation package.ie Blackpearl 4.5 with KB1350. In the wizard chose modify this should show all the components installed on that machine. Leave all as is and only add Client Components > K2 Studio.

Vernon

Badge +3

I have tried what with 1320, but its only possible to remove not add. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Think you have the upgrade installer package of KB1320…you will need the full installation package to add components. The full installer package size is well over 1GB…what is the size on yours?

Badge +3

The size is 938MB.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Yes that is the upgrade installer. The full installer is 1.4GB – Do you perhaps have it somewhere? It will not be available on the K2 customer portal as only the latest full installer 4.5 with 1350 and the 4.5 full RTM with all separate Upgrade packages.

Badge +3

No unfortunately not. I will talk to support maybe they can help with a full version.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

yes that would be best

Badge +3

Thank you very much. Adding the K2 Client components solved the issue.