Question: how can you trigger CMD/java in an attended robot environment

If you do you get questions like: start cmd.exe and start JAVA.

If I create a BAT file it won't work..

this is the cmd command in need to start: rundll32 user32.dll,SetCursorPos

and this is the java environment: C:Program Files (x86)Marathonjre1.8injavaw.exe -Xmx1024m -Dsun.net.http.allowRestrictedHeaders=true -jar marathon.jar server=omdh.kase.se

An attended start will force the user to first open cmd.exe25568i4B049A390BEDE200.jpgAfter you've done that it askes for Java to start:

25569i70308B7ED10CD61B.jpgany idea's?

11 replies

Hi Leon,

There are two things you can try together:

1) Make sure in Kryon Admin you have applications defined for cmd and javaw processes - use cmd and javaw as process names under the identification tab - and make sure they are enabled for your library.

2) In Studio, for the wizard you are running, expand More Options and uncheck the box that instructs checks whether your application is open before running the wizard (I've attached an example here with the Notepad app)

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Darren

Hi Darren,

thank you i'll give it a go..

Another question.

Is it possible to show the script in the window of attended robot without first a search for the script?

Hi Leon,

Not sure what you mean. Do you mean the batch file script or the Kryon wizard? If the latter, if the attended robot detects the window of a certain application it will suggest wizards to run.

Regards,

Darren

As the user clicks on the attended robot button, the searchfield is empty.

as he searches for the script to run it appears.

can it stay as select-option as soon as you click op the robot button..?

Hi darren,

didnt work 😞

both applications are in the application list of the admin. They are in the studio and the are marked as you've shown in the script

No I'm afraid not, the search field is always empty by default when it is first opened. Sorry

Thxs, a feature request? 🙂

Hi Leon, I’m sure your CSM will be happy to take note of the feature request ?

Hi Darren,

how can I propose a feature request...? @

Hi Leon, it looks like Yifat Sinai is your CSM for OMG. A simple email to her will suffice or you may wish to bring up the request to her in one of your regular account catch ups.

Regards,

Darren

This one is solved: you remove the app markes in the options about this script in studio (see my screenshot) then refresh the database in studio.

Open the attended robot and refresh the database... the application popups are gone!!!