Solved

Workflows not Viewable for a Single Library

• 12 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I have never seen anything remotely like this before.

SharePoint 2016 - Nintex Workflows

In every Library/List, except one (started this morning), I can click on an item and select Workflows (either from Drilldown menus, or Ribbon).    The one this morning is giving me an error whenever I try to get to Workflows (the famous “Sorry something went wrong, an unexpected error has occurred”).   It gives me a Correlation ID, but I find nothing for that in the ULS logs.

I have even gone as far as removing Nintex feature from site and re-adding it.

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Jake 13 June 2023, 01:45

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @mborkowski , sounds like a potential site or db issue, I would see if this happens on new libraries, if not then it’s possible there is actually issues with the library. 

I would raise a support ticket to our help desk to assist investigating. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @mborkowski,

When selecting an item and going to Workflows or clicking Workflows from the Files tab, the page that should appear belongs to SharePoint. If this page is not loading you may need to seek help in a SharePoint forum or contact Microsoft support.

Badge +1

Update on this.   I have the issue resolved.

My Workflow history list was sitting at over 550,000 entries.   No one had put a retention policy on the list.   I was able to purge to under 500,000 and the issue cleared up.

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @mborkowski,

SharePoints workflow history lists are the same as any SharePoint list and should not exceeded 5000 items to maintain efficient operation of the environment.