Skip to main content

I have a Nintex form, that sets off workflows.

This form and workflows worked perfectly before my SP was migrated from 2013 to 2019.

Now, I am experiencing a couple types of errors I cannot solve:

1. I have a workflow that errors, and doesn't show me any details, and doesn't show me the workflow tasks, so I cannot diagnose the fault. I.e. the error page wont link to anything to show me the highlighted tasks (green/amber/red). This error stops the workflow actions and as a result this workflow does not complete, plus the status ends up as “Error Occurred”.
  2. I have a few workflows that error, even though they complete the actions perfectly fine. These errors provide a link to the workflow tasks, and I can see every step is green. Plus the fields actually change and complete as per the workflow logic. However, the workflow errors, and the status ends up as “Error Occurred”. The error states “For more information, please read this article: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=323543&clcid=0x409” but that link is useless and doesn't provide any useful information about this error. I think this error might be something to do timeouts, because the Nintex form takes a few minutes to close, and in the Workflow history, the durations of the failed workflows are around or above 2,000,000,000.

Please help.

I’m experiencing the same issue with a site workflow in Nintex for SharePoint 2016 on-prem. 

A log in history has been added at the very end of the workflow and shows as the final item in the Action History. This confirms the workflow completed and yet an error email is generated with message: “The workflow could not update the item, possibly because one or more columns for the item require a different type of information.” The workflow completed correctly and there is no column in the list to update.

Hoping someone knows how to fix this. 

Hi,

This is a tricky issue that could be caused by many things.

Please be aware that after a workflow has completed all the actions it has not finished. When a workflow completes all the actions it then goes on to update the list to show the workflow status, there are updates to the SharePoints and Nintex’s workflow history list, ULS logs are updated and the workflow is removed from which ever service it was running in. If there were many tasks as mentioned here that would be the timer service. 

Due to all these touch points there could be a range of issues.
There could be a permissions issue on the list which prevents the finishing updates.
There could be a permissions issue on the history list which prevents the finishing updates.
There could be too many items in the list (over 5000).
The SharePoint or Nintex or both history lists are too full and there is a problem writing to them.
The timer service is busy and has problems removing the workflow from the queue.

Thanks, I’ll look into your suggestions.