Skip to main content
Question

Using JQuery on a List Lookup no longer works after Nintex 2013 upgrade

• 30 June 2024
  • 0 replies

We have recently performed an upgrade of Nintex forms 2013 from Version 2.9.0.0 to the latest 2013 V 2.12.9.0, in order to ultimately upgrade to 2016.

Following the upgrade I realised that our JQuery code no longer worked with the Lookup List control and we were no longer able to set a value or retrieve the selected value from the control.

The code we use to set the Lookup List selected value is below, where “llPaymentCurrency” is the Client ID JavaScript variable name:

CurrencyRetrieved = NWF$('#' + llPaymentCurrency + ' option:contains(AUD - Australia Dollar)');
CurrencyValue = CurrencyRetrieved.val();
CurrencyRetrieved.prop('selected', 'selected');
NWF$("#" + llPaymentCurrency).parent().find('input').val(CurrencyValue);
NWF.FormFiller.Functions.ProcessOnChange(NWF$("#" + llPaymentCurrency));

and to retrieve the selected value is below

var selectedCurrency = NWF$('#' + llPaymentCurrency).find("option:selected").text()

When I view the JQuery reference to the Lookup List I cannot see any options as elements of the control in the JQuery and the control seems to be declared with an “input#” prefix as opposed to the previous version which had “select#” prefix

When I view the Client ID JavaScript variable name I can see it is declared with a suffix “_hid” in the upgraded code as opposed to “_Lookup” in the previous version. Not sure what this means but thought I would mention this.

Has anybody in the Nintex community performed this version upgrade and experienced this issue with the Lookup List using JQuery and if so, is there a way to fix this, or a workaround?

Thanks Scott Willis

0 replies

Be the first to reply!