Site workflow to copy documents from one library to another

• 22 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

I have been searching for an answer with no luck.  We are trying to copy documents that meet our criteria from one library to another.  Here are the steps we followed:

1. Copied the existing library as a template
  2. Created the mirror library using the template
  3. Wrote a Site workflow to query the documents that meet our criteria
  4. Have a For Each loop that processes the collection
  5. Add Copy Item (Copy to SharePoint is not an option for a site workflow)
  6. The workflow will run and copy some document but then errors our for several different reasons
    1. Sometimes it stops and error is source and destination information dont match
    2. Sometimes it stops and error is unexpected error

I have tried restarting the workflow at the next document ID and it runs and stops again.  Attached workflow for review.  A fellow Nintex developer told me to put a counter in for pause and restart.  

I have been pulling my hair out for over a week and cant get this to work.  Would someone please tell me what is wrong

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +12
Hi,
Checked your workfllow, since the same lists are not available in my site, some actions are not populated properly, but at high level what you are doing is correct, don't see any issue. Since you got the error messages related to "destination information dont match", have you tried chaning the destination library to a different library? Is your source and destination library have same list columns/fields/metadata? If not, try creating the desination document library same as source document library and run the workflow again.
Badge +3

The destination library was created from the source library so they match.  The workflow runs and copies documents and then just died with some random error.  There are 7k documents in the library so I wonder if there is some type of timer that is causing the issue.  I put a filter on the query to reduce the number of rows.  I have been over a week trying to identify this issue.