Simple Nintex Form with Lookups (to list of 17K) and three simple rules takes 2-4 minutes to load

• 31 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +6

Hi folks, 

I'm seeing an issue with a simple Nintex Form 2013 that takes forever to load in Chrome.

The list has two content types, items are placed in folders per user, and there's a lookup field to another list of 17K items (also placed in folders) and a lookup to another item in the same list of about 35K items at the moment.

Performance profiling shows that 90%+ of the time is spent in finding the DOM element for the form  filler in jQuery. 

However, in Firefox the load sequence takes far less time - about 5 seconds or so.

I wonder if it's an issue already fixed in recent releases and if anyone has already felt the same pain.

2 replies

Badge +6
The problem is indeed the number of items (33K) the form tries to render in the SELECT control and find the right OPTION inside it. At least for users who have permissions to all the folders.
Badge +5

akrasheninnikov, I’ve run into similar issues when querying large lists or processing large number of items, whether using Javascript, workflow, SQL, or even PowerShell. I’ve found I can speed up processing by limiting the query to a single item, preferably by ID.

SharePoint has several threshholds in place when processing large numbers of items, and not all of them as easily accessible.

Gman