Solved

Show/Hide a Panel in Responsive Form Designer

• 10 January 2024
  • 8 replies

Badge +4

Good day Nintex community,

Please assist

I am using Nintex 2019 responsive form, and I want to hide a panel and only show it when the user select a yes choice field, how can i achieve that.

I want the panel to hide until the user select “yes” (This options are not in a panel)

and after the user select yes the panel should show with the details below.(This is the panel I want to hide and only show when the user selects “Yes”)

Please assist.

icon

Best answer by bamaeric 10 January 2024, 17:06

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

You can accomplish by adding a rule to the panel. Follow the steps below to configure this functionality:

1. Click on the Panel control and click on the “Add Rule” button in the top Ribbon.
  2. Configure the rule with the following settings.
      - Rule name = Hide Panel  (or name it whatever you like)
      - When = not(equals(Ship, “Yes”))
         -- Click on the Formula Builder button to the right of the When field to enter this.
         -- Ship is the Name of my choice control.
      - Then = Hide
  3.  You can test this by clicking on the Preview button in the Ribbon.

Badge +4

Thank you  @bamaeric it works but unfortunately the rule hide the entire form not the panel, there must be something i’m not doing right.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@Florence Make sure the rule is applied just to the panel you would like to hide. Feel free to send some screen shots of your configuration and we can make sure you have got it configured correctly,

Badge +4

@bamaeric here is the screenshot of the rule

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Thanks for the screen shot.

First thing to look at -- is there a space in the When statement at the beginning of the formula (before the “not”)?

Next thing I wonder about is having a question mark in the name/title of the yes/no control. Maybe that is throwing off the formula and rule?

Badge +4

@bamaeric I don't know why but for some reason I used Shipment == “No” then it hides the panel.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@Florence That’s a little strange.

What type of controls are the “Did you want to ship the license?” and “Shipment” fields? What are the Names and Titles in the Control Settings for each?

Badge +4

@bamaeric i changes the “Did you want to ship the license?” choice field with Yes and No to be “Shipment” then I asked my senior if I'm doing something wrong then she told me to use Shipment == “No”,