Solved

"Set Value" Form control not available

• 16 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi all,

I am using a Nintex responsive form and I’d like to create a rule so that the value of one control is set depending on the value of another named control (e.g. when Control 1 = “Yes”, Control 2 = “Approved”).

However, my Control 2  field is a choice column with a dropdown and I do not see the option to create a “Set Value” rule. Is this type of control not available on this type of column? Are there any workarounds I can use?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by BobR 19 February 2024, 11:19

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Any reason why you can’t use a Calculated field for Control 2 instead? It tends to work better for making the value of one field dependent on the value of another. Typically for fields on forms you want one of two things:

• The user filling out the form decides the content of the field
  • The content of the field is set based on conditions elsewhere (like in other fields)

If your situation is the second, typically you want to use calculated fields for these as they are intended for this use case.

Badge +1

Any reason why you can’t use a Calculated field for Control 2 instead? It tends to work better for making the value of one field dependent on the value of another. Typically for fields on forms you want one of two things:

• The user filling out the form decides the content of the field
  • The content of the field is set based on conditions elsewhere (like in other fields)

If your situation is the second, typically you want to use calculated fields for these as they are intended for this use case.

Unfortunately not, in most cases the user will be modifying the field but in one particular case I’d like to it to be changed automatically.