Question

Replacing a LookUp Column

• 11 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

I have a SharePoint column that will not retain new entries; the solution may be to replace the list, but this will require a change of the look up list connected to the form. When I try to edit the connection to the add replacement list, new list does not appear in the options to select.

Not clear how I add new list to those available on the form. Please help.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @johnreece,
I apologize, but I'm having trouble understanding the issue. Could you provide screenshots to help clarify?

If a new list isn't appearing on a dropdown, it may be due to permissions or caching issues.

Badge +2

The first screen shot is the list; the issue is the display name. Whether or not the column is set to require info (have turned this off and on), the DisplayName column will not retain the entry; it disappears after a few seconds and results in what you see below.

I’ve tried duplicating the column and the entries hold, however, I cannot change the column the form is referencing; see below.

I am unable to edit the site, the list name, or the list column to display.

I have a case open with Nintex (00602416) and was told that the following

Upon closer analyzing the list it seems that the Reviewers list may be corrupted. the reason why is because the list does not contain any NewForm.aspx, EditForm.aspx, or DispForm.aspx created. These are usually created from SharePoint when the list is created. So either when the list was created it got corrupted and never created the files or the files were deleted.

Have also searched Nintex documentation on how to change the list the form is point to, but have not found anything that helps. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @johnreece,

As you have a Support case open for this SharePoint issue, I think this is the best course of action to resolve this.

Badge +2

I think I may have solved it, testing now; I duplicated the form field which allowed me to edit the list.

I used ShareGate to replicate the list and the display column is holding the data, but my issue was understanding Nintex;

I appreciate your feedback, but I’ll be honest, overall I’m very disappointed in product support on this and another workflow we developed recently.