Skip to main content

Hello Team,

We have 2 WFE servers, and the Nintex Workflow scheduler timer job is running every 5 minutes on any one of these servers. The problem is this job is sometimes stuck at 0% for several hours. By default it should complete with in a minute. Sometimes I'm restarting the Timer Job, and clearing the cache to resolve this issue. But a few times unable to fix the issue with these steps. Due to this issue my site workflow schedules arr not working.

Please help me in resolving this issue permanently.

Thanks,

Soni

I would review the following about the details of the scheduler job, if this doesn't help you then you may want to contact support. Scheduled workflows and the Nintex Workflow Scheduler timer job

Thank You Andrew, in my environment, every 5 minutes this job will run. But only at 2AM the job is taking 1 hour to complete. Remaining all times this won't even take a minute to complete. Can any one suggest where/how to check what's wrong is going on in my environment around 2AM every day.

Sounds like backups are running at that time and affecting the servers.

Thank You Andrew for quick response! I checked the backup things, nothing are scheduled at 2AM time. All backups are completing in the evening time before 9PM time. Any other thoughts?

Ok, Many default settings in IIS auto-reset the App Pool for the web applications. Without access to the web application during a reset could also cause similar symptoms.

I have tried this and moved the timer job to wfe. But it now won't start at all.
Please advise