Solved

More than three repeating rows in nintex prevents Edit and saving of form

• 8 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

Greeting 

I have two part question regarding repeating section:

Part 1:

I am developing a form and observed that anytime, I have more than three rows in a repeating section. I cannot save the form. It throws an error.

Once I delete the row and save, it works perfectly. In the repeating section, the min rows are 1, max rows are 10000, default rows is 1. 

I have a calculated field in the form that concatenates the values of a column in the repeating section. Are the values in this calc. field exceeding 255 characters? Any thoughts?

Part 2:

In the concatenated filed in Nintex form that combines all values in the repeating section has duplicate values. I have used fx (columnname,columnname) that helps combine all values in the column. This is working fine, other than repeating duplicate values. Is it possible to ensure distinct values in the field?

Any help in this regard is appreciated

icon

Best answer by MegaJerk 10 January 2024, 07:32

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

For the first problem, I assume that your repeating section is connected to a column in the list. What type of column is it? can you show us the properties? 

For the second problem. without much more information, I have no chance of being useful. can you post any screenshots or settings of the controls / values / data that you’re trying to describe? 

Badge +4

You are right, It took some time to figure out which one was a culprit...It was just one filed that caused this issue.

Part one Problem is resolved. The repeating section is connected to a calculated field in the Nintex form which uses concat function and collects all entries of the above-mentioned column. This intur is connected to the list column.

The connected field in the list was a single line text field with 255 max characters. I changed this filed from single line text to a multiple line text (20 lines).

This solved the part 1 problem.

Part 2: I still need to capture only distinct values in regions (Region-column). Currently if Europe repeated in multiple lines, it captures Europe multiple times. Is there a way to select only distinct values from the repeating section rows? currently its concatenating all the regions from all the rows in the region column.

Thanks for the support.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Here is an example

A basic form with a Calculated Control on top, and just under it, a Repeating Section with a choice control in it for the Region:

The Choice Control is named control_Region and has a few choices:

The Calculated Control is named control_AllRegions, and has some JavaScript in the Formula:

This is what the formula looks like (see the below code to simply copy / paste):

The code in plaintext. REMEMER, where it says “control_Region” at the bottom, you’ll need to replace that with the reference to your named region control (hence the red color in the previous image showing the formula):

(function(regions){
return (Array.from(new Set(regions)));
}(control_Region))

Now that we have that saved, we can test the form. It looks like this upon start up with our Calculated Control showing an empty array “[]”:

Adding a few rows and Region selections, we can see they are added:

Adding many more selections shows that it’s keeping only unique values:

You now have a Calculated Control that only produces unique values from an array of values. 

Let me know if you need any further assistance. 

Badge +4

Thank you very much for your response. It worked well...Only problem is that the solution when selecting distinct values is separated by periods.

Europe, United States, Europe shows as [E.U.R.O.P.E, U.N.I.T.E.D. S.T.A.T.E.S….] Not sure why

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Can you take a screenshot of the formula / code you’re using for your Calculation Control that is producing these results?