Lookup values for an array from Lookup field selections

• 27 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I have a look up field with multiple selections. The selections are stored in a array. I want to do a lookup for this array values in a list and get their amounts.

Eg: Lookup will select product IDs in a array [444,555,666] in a calculated column.

I want to do a lookup on the above array to replace them with amount. eg [$300,$400,$500] and get a sum, is that even possible?

If I do lookup, it brings back value of only the first item in the array[$300].

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Just to make sure that I understand the scenario, you have a Lookup List Control that is set to Multiple Selections, and you'd like to (using a Calculated Control) perform a runtime-function "lookup" on the same list as your lookup control is pointing to, but just getting a different column's value (matching the row to the selected items in your lookup control), and summing those values into a single total?

Badge

I have exactly the same question :). We use a multi select lookup field. I got an array [1,2,3]. On the same list I would like to make a lookup to get a column value of every item of this array. But when I use this array in my lookup function I only get one value of the first lookup.

For example I want to get the country column of every item. I expect from [1,2,3] the values [Germany,France,Italy]. But in my test I only get [Germany].

Is there an option to make a lookup of every item in an array?

Thanks in advance.