Solved

How do I display calculated value (adding rows) in nintex form to sharepoint list column?

• 9 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +4

I am working on creating a nintex form. I have situations where there is a need to add multiple rows under a unique column.

Example: On the sharepoint list I have a column called student score (total of scores in10 subjects). In the nintex form, I have repeating rows under the column called scores, which captures individual scores in 10 subjects.

Score

I used a calculated value to add rows in this column, using Sum(Scores). It is working correctly and giving correct value. Now, I need to update the sharepoint list with this calculated value from Nintex form.

icon

Best answer by Garrett 9 November 2023, 03:14

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @mmasiddiqui 

You should be able to use a Calculated Value control to insert the formula and have it update your SharePoint List.

You must connect the Calc Value control to the SP field to save the value

Badge +4

Thanks for such a quick reply!

I did try that, but it displays 1 in the connected field in SharePoint list. Not sure why...

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Is it always 1?

What is the type of SP field? Text, Integer? 

Can you provide 2-3 test case?

Test1 → 10, 5, 0. Score = 15. Save into SP as 1
Test2 → 
Test3 → 

Badge +4

Thank you for your technical inputs and reinforcement. It definitely helped me, go back and persist with trying different options.

There were reasons why this was not working. I had initially had formula in the SharePoint cell, I was trying to update the data. I found out that the cell you like the data to be updated should be a Text field.

The “calculated value” field must be set to generic

Nintex form property

1. The formula can be input by selecting the f(x) at the end of the cell. Use only fields under “Named Controls” to develop your formula.
  1. The “Name” of the field is recommended to be the same as the name of the field in the sharepoint site.
  2. In the “Conneced to” should be a drop down. The field you like to input this information should be in the drop down. If your field is not in the drop down, please check the field type in custom list (sharepoint) is single Text only. There should be no formula.
  3. I have used the data type as Generic. Selecting others were giving strange results
  4. Recalculate formula on view mode should be selected to “Yes”. By default the field is set to NO.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @mmasiddiqui 

Glad to hear that you manage to resolve your issue.
Thanks for sharing your findings with the community

Badge +4

Just an update...There are some issues you may encounter using this method. If you are using repeating sections to calculate this field, you may be limited to 3-4 rows, until you change the field from single line text to Multiple line text.