Solved

Get DocSetName in a WF

• 12 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

created a WF to run on a document that is a certain CT. The WF needs to pickup/grab the DocSet name - then set it to a variable - in order to rename the document (PDF) (using a string I have configured) and then route (copy) that PDF to a certain folder in a different doclib. 

How do I configure the WF to GET the docset name for the document the wf is running on? (there are many docsets) 

Clearly getting the NAME field isn’t working (as it picks up the name of the doc - the NAME field for the docset is also the same field for the doc NAME)

icon

Best answer by kpope 13 March 2024, 18:33

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @kpope,

I have investigated this solution, and there appears to be no reference to the document set name that can be easily obtained.
The only solution I can see would be to get the URL for the document and then use text functions or a regular expression or both to extract the document set name.

Badge +4

Thank you - how is this configured? I grabbed the item url (not using a reference - I assume I’d use the Context Item URL? ) and I have hightlighted in red, the DocSet name.  

Badge +4
then using the pattern in the regex control

the above saved the docset name with a ";" (the variable needs to be a collection type)  at the end. 
I used the following to remove the ";"

then I was able to configure the WF to rename the doc for the new location