Question

fn-IsMemberOfGroup with nested security groups not working

• 13 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I’m using the fn-IsMemberOfGroup on a Nintex Form on a SharePoint Online list. The function doesn’t seem to work correctly with a SharePoint group that has security groups on it. It only seems to work correctly if we have individual names listed in that group. Is that by design?

The use case here is that this SharePoint Online site is connected to a Microsoft 365 group, so “members” are getting added to the security group and not the SharePoint Online group. The SharePoint Online group only has one item in it: the security group that contains all of the members.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I’ve recently been having issues with using Security Groups with Nintex on prem. In fact, it recently resulted in several employees no longer being able to correctly Access or Complete their Task forms.

I’m going to open a ticket with Nintex about it, but if no one can come in here and solve this, I’ll report back with whatever I find from Nintex proper. 

Badge

@jeffoliver1000 did you end up finding a resolution to this issue? I have encountered the same problem.