Question

Document Approval Workflow

• 17 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +3
  • Rookie
  • 20 replies

Hello - I created the Documents Repository and stored documents (PDF, Word, Excel) in SharePoint Document library on Premises. The document approval workflow completed with SharePoint columns as Document status = Final and Approval Status = Approved. If I would like to modify a document once it already approved and initiate the approval workflow again. How can I do it? Please advise. I’m appreciated your help. 

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @YV 

Which workflow engine are you using? Nintex Automation Cloud or Nintex Workflow for Office 365, Both of them work with Office 365 but the steps are slightly different on each, If you are not sure, If you are not sure the URL should contain either NintexWorkflowforOffice365 or workflowcloud.com.

To have the workflow re-run based on changes you need to decide at what point you want the workflow to pick up, For example it might not be best to run on draft changes (minor versions) such as 1.01 or 1.2 but instead run on major versions (2.0 and 3.0) for this to work however you do need to have the version settings enabled on the list.

For Nintex workflow for O365 you can do a start condition on the workflow run when the version ends with .0 like below.

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Hi @YV 
Have you solved your question?