Solved

Copy items between sharepoint list residing in different sites

• 11 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi, 

I have two SharePoint lists residing on different sites. I need to copy items from a particular column from Site A list to Site B list based on unique identifier (same on both lists). I tried to query A list with CALM editor but getting error “Failed to query list data. The Web application at https:://…./Sites/Site Name could not be found. Verify that you have typed the URL correctly. If the URL should be serving existing content, the system administrator may need to add….” (I am sure I use correct URL). Is there any other way to do that? what could be wrong with with “Site URL not found”? Many thanks in advance for your help!

icon

Best answer by Wariat 22 April 2024, 12:07

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Wariat 

What you are trying to do can have quite a few reasons to the error you are getting.

Some of which could be access related in which case the action needs to be elevated with secure store account, It could also be an issue if the site sits inside another site collection outside of the current one and this all depends sometimes on what version of Sharepoint you have etc. 

It might be best to reach out to our support to see if they can troubleshoot the action with you to validate it is working correctly as advising through an issue like this on a forum would take time when I think seeing the issue first hand in this case would help a lot.

Jake. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Hi @Wariat 

Have you found a solution for your question? 

Badge +1

hi,

I talked with IT department and was advised that I wont be able to copy data between SharePoint lists residing on different sites. So at the end I ended up moving source SharePoint list to the same SharePoint where the output list resides and running List Lookup with unique identifier (Set Variable & Set Field after).