Solved

Office 365 Lookup Field Querry

• 5 October 2016
  • 1 reply

Badge +6

I have an Office 365 List Query (List Query 1) action configured that selects the ID's from a list (List A) that is used as a lookup column in List B based on certain conditions.

If I want to then use the returned items from List Query 1 as the conditions for List Query 2 into List B to retrieve items who have matching values in their lookup columns (Lookup column into List 1).  I'm not sure how to do that.  Using the ID's retrieved from List Query 1 into List 1 as the condition of the query into List 2 does not work (nor do text based versions since it's a lookup column).  

How can I get this to work?  Do I need to somehow concatenate the ID and the name from List Querry 1 to format it into a lookup value?

icon

Best answer by ohrenstoepsel 19 October 2016, 19:28

View original

1 reply

Badge +5

This is a little bit confusing but as far as I understand it is always possible to reuse what your query returns in any way if it really returns something.

So first make sure what it returns and then check if the returned information from the first list query helps you in any way to find items in the second list. If so, you just need to go through the second list either with a "for each" and "query" action or if your first query is configured to always return only one item you can directly filter for the stored value in your second query.

To have a better understanding what you are trying to compare in your queries, I always log my values to history to be sure I really have some returned values and the values are something that can match something in the second list.