Solved

Content type WF

• 1 September 2015
  • 1 reply

Badge +8

Guys,

I've got a question regarding Nintex Workflows for Office 365. Is there any way to start workflows on certain content types like on the On Prem version?

Rather then publishing a workflow on 20 libraries (having 20 seperate, non centralized workflows that should be managed individually sad.png) we are looking for a solution to get it run on certain content types.

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Glenda

icon

Best answer by andrewg 6 September 2015, 05:14

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

By default in O365, SPD 2013 reusable workflows are not supported running the Workflow Manager Engine.

Unlike previous versions, SharePoint 2013 does not support workflows that are scoped to a content type (SPContentType). However, the messaging infrastructure is extensible, so it can support any arbitrary scope. As a developer, you can set the EventSourceId property on a given WorkflowSubscription instance to any guid. SharePoint 2013 workflow fundamentals

As of today, the only Nintex workflow types listed are List and Site http://help.nintex.com/en-US/O365/#O365WorkFlow/Creating workflows/Workflow types.htm

But the workflow fundamentals from msdn states that it is possible if you handle the association yourself. So I hope to see this as a feature.

I found that it is currently in uservoice that you can vote for as I have. Also it is currently under review! Ability to Create Reusable Worfklows – Customer Feedback for Nintex