Skip to main content

I find the completion rules for assigning a task to multiple users restricting. In case all assignees must respond, the workflow itself will always determine the outcome based on the majority outcome:

“When all assignees have responded, the workflow will proceed using the outcome with the majority of responses. In the case of a tie, the majority outcome with the first response is used.”

This frustrates me. 

Some examples:

• If I assign an approval task to 20 assignees to Approve/Decline a request and one assignee declines, I want to be to determine the task outcome. Now it will always be Approved
  • If I assign an approval task to 20 assignees to Approve/Decline a request and 15 assignees decline and 5 approve, the task outcome will always be Declined. But who determined that I needed a majority to approve the request? That is our internal evaluation.

I am forced to create a work around for both task outcomes by looping trough the task outcomes and determining the follow-up tasks based on that.

My suggestion is to move away from the majority approval. Please give me an option to specify how many htask outcomes] are necessary for which outcome. This can be one, regardless of other responses. 

They also have other outcome behavior like % etc but just disable outcomes and put outcomes in a multiple choice control on task and then loop all responses and do condition for choice field for all equals approve then approve otherwise reject.