Solved

Update items control in NAC workflow

• 21 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +9

Hi!

I am trying to update a column in a SPO list for a single item when a form is submitted. The column updates but I can’t figure out why my Title is being changed at the same time and being identically named to the item I just created…

You can see below that item on top was 12 but when I added the 2nd item, it changed the Title to the same name.

icon

Best answer by Prineel_V3 21 February 2024, 22:25

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @jpacheco 

The newer Sharepoint actions are able to batch send multiple updates, this includes the action for delete and update. 

It is very important that you add a condition for ID = Item ID to the update items action for only the record you want to update, otherwise the workflow will update all items in the list with you record.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @jpacheco 

You need a condition in your update action:

If you have a SharePoint Start event, you can use the ID variable from the start event.
If you have a component or form start event, you will need to pass the ID using start variables

Userlevel 1
Badge +9

@Prineel_V3 ,

Thanks for your response, I will be attempting your recommendation to test and see if this fixes my issue.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge +9

@Prineel_V3 / @Jake ,

I do have one more question on updating the column…

The title is no longer the issue, but I cannot for the life of me get the repeating section to apply the values in the field/column I need it to apply to.

If I don’t use a condition the workflow runs no errors and applies the output to the column/field necessary that needs to display the output but if I use a condition, it errors out. Like if I use the below, I receive the following error msg.

My workflow captures values from a repeating section that works exactly like the workflow in this Nintex article. My workflow also creates and pushes out the table you see in that article as well no problem (to my column/field) but all existing items get the same table anytime the workflow runs.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @jpacheco 

On your condition configuration, click on the drop down arrow and select the ID field instead of using the variable in your “When” section. The “When” section pulls up the columns from the SharePoint list.

Userlevel 1
Badge +9

@Prineel_V3 ,

OMG!!! You’re AMAZING!! It worked! I am so grateful for your assistance in, thank you so much...🙏🏼😁