Solved

Repeating Section information into Document Generation

Badge +3

HI, 

I have a Nintex form in a SharePoint list that includes a Repeating Section. I would like to present the information from this form in a document using Document Generation. I am using QueryXML and HTML to generate a table displaying all the information from a multi-line text column, but it gets distorted when tagged in the document template.

Repeating Section in SharePoint

SharePoint 

Generated Document showing the same column

How can I achieve this?

icon

Best answer by brent_read 22 May 2024, 16:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @Kammasood 

To generate a table inside of the generate document action you should parse the repeating sections to generate a collection, then pass the collection in NAC then pass that collection into the repeating data section of the Generate Document Action.

Once you’ve done that the tagger will show the options to utilize the collection data under the workflow repeating data header.

You can find more about this here: https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nwc/Content/Designer/Actions/GenerateDocument-RepeatData.htm

Badge +3

Hi @Kammasood 

To generate a table inside of the generate document action you should parse the repeating sections to generate a collection, then pass the collection in NAC then pass that collection into the repeating data section of the Generate Document Action.

Once you’ve done that the tagger will show the options to utilize the collection data under the workflow repeating data header.

You can find more about this here: https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nwc/Content/Designer/Actions/GenerateDocument-RepeatData.htm

thanks for your response. this will work if you are using Form start event. We have a SharePoint nintex form and repeating section is on it. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @Kammasood 

You can still parse the repeating from Sharepoint.  If you attach the repeating section to a Multiline of text column you should get XML in the MLT column.  You can run this through a Query XML action to generate the collections needed for the repeating section.