Skip to main content

I find it problematic that there is no easy way of renaming published workflows in NWC. Instead, a copy workflow is created with the new name, while the original one is left active. This causes more than one issue, one being duplicate SharePoint triggers, etc.

Being in a situation where we have changed the naming convention for 60 workflows, it creates a great deal of unnecessary work to both delete all the original workflows, as well as changing all the component calls to the copied workflow.

Am I missing something obvious here or is there really no easier way of approaching this?

I agree. It would be a helpful feature to have the ability to change the name of a workflow. I know I have accidentally misspelled something in the workflow name and wanted to fix that.

I suggest creating an idea in the Nintex Ideas site so we can vote it up to become a future enhancement. Post a link to the idea here and I’ll be the first to for it!

https://ideas.nintex.com

I find it problematic that there is no easy way of renaming published workflows in NWC. Instead, a copy workflow is created with the new name, while the original one is left active. This causes more than one issue, one being duplicate SharePoint triggers, etc.

Being in a situation where we have changed the naming convention for 60 workflows, it creates a great deal of unnecessary work to both delete all the original workflows, as well as changing all the component calls to the copied workflow.

Am I missing something obvious here or is there really no easier way of approaching this?

I would recommend searching for the idea first before creating a new one. I would go vote on the one that already has 21 votes. :) 

Rename Workflow Name | Nintex Ideas