Solved

Reminder, Reminder Subsequent, and Escalations for Tasks

• 29 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

Apologies if this is covered somewhere else, but I was not able to find it. 

In NAC Tasks, I am trying to understand the difference between “Reminders After”, “Subsequent Reminders” and Escalation after (Calculate Date).

(For purposes of this question, let’s say all reminders are in “Days”, and it will be based on the current date.)

Is [Subsequent Reminders] the number of days after the initial reminder?  Or is [Subsequent Reminders] the number of days that the reminder will be sent out for? 

So, if I want the first reminder to go out in 3 days, and I want 4 subsequent reminders (every day), and I want it to be escalated “after’ the 5th reminder

For example:

• [Current Date] - January 1, 2024
  • Send out Reminders on 1/ 4, 1/5, 1/6, 1/7
  • Escalate on 1/8

For the above example, would this be my configuration: 

• Reminders After - 3 
  • Subsequent Reminders - 4
  • Escalated After (calculate date) - 5 - ([Current Date + 5 Days])

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Garrett 29 April 2024, 17:22

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @SShaffer2 

So I believe the setup would be

• Reminders After - 3 Unit Days
  • Subsequent Reminders - 1 Unit Days
  • Escalated After (calculate date) - 7 - ([Current Date + 7 Days])

If you look in the help files: https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nwc/Content/Designer/Actions/AssignaTasktoMultipleUsers.htm

You can expand the section under the Assign a task to multiple users fields, buttons, and settings which contains the config for the different fields and what they do.  Subsequent reminders functions similarly to the initial reminder in that you select a number of a specified unit of time to send the reminders at and continues until task completion.  For the escalation calculation, you’re calculated due date is 7 days after the initial start date, so you’d want to do Current Date + 7 to get there.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @SShaffer2 

You can find Help on Reminders and Escalation at LINK

Reminders (First) only sends one and only one reminder from the start of the task assignment. If you need further reminders, you have to enable the Subsequent reminders. 
In your settings, the first reminder will be send 1 day after the task assignment.

Subsequent reminders takes effect after the first reminder until the task is completed.
In your settings, subsequent reminders are sent after the first reminder.

In my work environment, the first reminder is send 7 days after and then subsequent reminders are send 1 day after until task is completed.

Escalation occurs from the start of the task assignment separate to reminders. Escalation has to be planned in advance.
As the Manager wouldn’t know whether their staffs have (1) received a Task and (2) received multiple reminders, it makes sense to escalate after x number of subsequent reminders have been sent out.
In your settings, perhaps after 5 days (1 Reminder (First) + 4 Subsequent reminder).

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Apologies if this is covered somewhere else, but I was not able to find it. 

In NAC Tasks, I am trying to understand the difference between “Reminders After”, “Subsequent Reminders” and Escalation after (Calculate Date).

(For purposes of this question, let’s say all reminders are in “Days”, and it will be based on the current date.)

Is [Subsequent Reminders] the number of days after the initial reminder?  Or is [Subsequent Reminders] the number of days that the reminder will be sent out for? 

So, if I want the first reminder to go out in 3 days, and I want 4 subsequent reminders (every day), and I want it to be escalated “after’ the 5th reminder

For example:

• [Current Date] - January 1, 2024
  • Send out Reminders on 1/ 4, 1/5, 1/6, 1/7
  • Escalate on 1/8

For the above example, would this be my configuration: 

• Reminders After - 3 
  • Subsequent Reminders - 4
  • Escalated After (calculate date) - 5 - ([Current Date + 5 Days])

Thanks!

Currently they do not offer number of days that the reminder will be sent out for. Subsequent is intended to be configuration for the subsequent reminders.

For example, if you put 2 for number and days for unit, a reminder email will go out every other day after initial reminder is sent out.

Nintex can chime in but in my experience and based on help documentation - I think that my statement is valid. :)

Badge +4

@brent_read , @Garrett 

Thank you both!