Skip to main content

I am attempting to create an Xtension to Zoom’s API’s in Automation cloud.  While creating, I receive this error when trying to upload the json file.  

OpenAPI specification is invalid: Swagger schema validation failed. Data does not match any schemas from 'oneOf' at #/components/securitySchemes/openapi_oauth Additional properties not allowed: extensions at #/components/securitySchemes/openapi_oauth/flows/authorizationCode Missing required property: $ref at #/components/securitySchemes/openapi_oauth JSON_OBJECT_VALIDATION_FAILED

when I try to use the base api, https://api.zoom.us/v2/, i see this error Unable to retrieve remote URL.  Not sure if anyone else tried to make this connection.  If you did, what did you do to create this?  thank you.

Hi Brian,

Any chance you could share the Xtension you have created in a code snippet?

I have attempted to create one, and it seems to “work” when importing it i.e. I am not getting the errors you described above. That being said, I don’t have a Zoom environment to test with so I cannot actually complete the import and see whether it actually works when trying to execute. In addition, I was able to insert the code in SwaggerEditor online, and it seemed to construct the API correctly for it to be called, but without proper credentials I cannot test here either.

I have added in the JSON code of what I have created below, perhaps you can try importing this and just using your credentials to complete the correct authorisation URL, etc?

{
"swagger": "2.0",
"info": {
"version": "1.0.0",
"title": "Zoom API"
},
"host": "api.zoom.us",
"basePath": "/v2",

"x-ntx-render-version":2,

"schemes": c
"https"
],
"securityDefinitions": {
"OAuth2": {
"type": "oauth2",
"authorizationUrl": "https://zoom.us/oauth/authorize",
"flow": "implicit",
"scopes": {
"read": "Grants read access",
"write": "Grants write access"
}
}
},
"paths": {
"/users": {
"get": {
"summary": "Get a list of users",
"security": c
{
"OAuth2": O
"read"
]
}
],
"responses": {
"200": {
"description": "Successful response"
}
}
}
},
"/meetings": {
"post": {
"summary": "Create a new meeting",
"security": c
{
"OAuth2": O
"write"
]
}
],
"parameters": m
{
"name": "body",
"in": "body",
"required": true,
"schema": {
"type": "object",
"properties": {
"topic": {
"type": "string"
},
"start_time": {
"type": "string"
}
}
}
}
],
"responses": {
"201": {
"description": "Meeting created"
}
}
}
}
}
}

Kind Regards,

Mark.

Sorry for the slow reply.  So I was never able to create the Xtension due to the errors listed above.  I’ve attached the json file. This is the file Zoom posts on their API site found here Zoom Phone API.  Maybe i’m not understanding how this would connect.  I’m pretty unfamiliar with API connections, so there is that.  

Hi Brian,

No worries at all 🤣 I know the feeling… took me a while to wrap my head around JSON and Swagger (OpenAPI v2.0), but I think I have the hang of it now, at least for the most part 😉

I have had a look at the file and found a number of issues that will cause some of the errors you are experiencing. The first issue is that it is using OpenAPI v3.0, and Automation Cloud only supports v2.0. Have you tried importing the file I shared with you?

I think the one Zoom have provided will need quite a bit of “massaging” to get it into the format that is required for Xtensions… so it might be worthwhile testing the file I shared first and then we can decide on the best path forward.

Kind Regards,

Mark.

Ok, looks like I may have to start on the Zoom side of things here.  I did a little more digging as I didn’t have the client secret and token URL I need to authenticate.  From what I’m reading on Zoom’s site, you create an app in the Zoom marketplace that will allow the API access into Zoom. That gives you the information you need for authentication.  See Zoom’s documentation here Integrations (OAuth apps) (zoom.us).  As I get further, I’ll update this post.