Solved

Permissions for Start Forms

• 30 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

I noticed an email went out for this and then the link was broken. 

I managed to find the post for this new feature.

Restrict access to start event forms | Community (nintex.com)

However, couple questions on this new feature:

1. Will AD permissions be allowed in the future to better manage this?
    • We don’t use groups in NAC user management section except to manage permissions on connections and data sources.
    • Global admin are the only ones who can access and edit groups so this will not be sustainable for our team. 
    • In addition, it’s redundant to manage AD group and have to turn around and manage a group in NAC. We need more integration for this to benefit us.
  2. Will business owners at some point be able to manage these workflow types in workflow tracking to manage form access?
    • IT does not want to manage this for every process, when all we do it build the tool for the users.
    • Administrative management should be on the business, not a designer or global admin. We would suspect a “form access” button would be added in the future for business owners when the workflow is opened from workflow tracking. 

icon

Best answer by SimonMuntz 1 December 2023, 05:23

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @brandiwoodson,

Q1. Yes, using AD groups is on the cards, but there is no planned release date yet.
Q2. I have not heard anything about allowing business owners to configure start-form permissions. If you want to see this feature, post your idea here: https://ideas.nintex.com/

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Hi @brandiwoodson,

Q1. Yes, using AD groups is on the cards, but there is no planned release date yet.
Q2. I have not heard anything about allowing business owners to configure start-form permissions. If you want to see this feature, post your idea here: https://ideas.nintex.com/

Thank you Sir!

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Please let us know the moment that AD groups can be used for Nintex permissions.

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @PabloL,

When Nintex Automation Cloud is updated, you will see a symbol on the ellipsis. Clicking it will open the beamer post advising what is new.