Skip to main content

Ok, so I am having issues with a simple workflow. I do not understand what I am doing wrong. I have a ticket in. 

Here is my workflow key: Q5GXoEfBKegonpKDRLmgAbETBb5FstXCTCpJqr1FFUUmmvEHx

My goal is to have a task on one branch and a pause until date on another. Whichever comes first, the parallel needs to be terminate the other branch. What is the issue I’m experiencing? I have a Boolean set for cancelling the parallel on both branches. But the instance just sits there after setting the boolean. It doesn’t stop the other branch. What am I missing? Does this not work for pause and task actions?

Hi @brandiwoodson 

I think you misread or misunderstood the Help Manual

As the initial value of the CANCEL variable is FALSE, this means that the Parallel Path will evaluate all the Branches to completion.

If you wanted the Parallel Path to complete the moment one branch completes, the variable needs to be set to TRUE. Set the CANCEL variable is TRUE before the Parallel Path

On second thought, I think the UI is at fault.

This is perhaps easier to understand

or 

I misunderstood the help manual. :( Bummer - I thought it was immediate termination of all branches the second we set the variable to TRUE within the parallel block action. 

Meaning if I were to have 5 branches and 4 branches should run UNLESS the 5th branch was actioned, then it would terminate whatever hasn’t completed out of the other 4 branches IF I set the value to TRUE on the 5th branch. 

I guess our only options for parallel blocks are:

1. All branches to complete before moving forward.
  2. One and only one branch completes and terminates the rest of the branches and moves forward.

Hi @brandiwoodson 

I think you misread or misunderstood the Help Manual

As the initial value of the CANCEL variable is FALSE, this means that the Parallel Path will evaluate all the Branches to completion.

If you wanted the Parallel Path to complete the moment one branch completes, the variable needs to be set to TRUE. Set the CANCEL variable is TRUE before the Parallel Path

Thanks for your assist good sir! Had one of those moments. Ugh.

On second thought, I think the UI is at fault.

This is perhaps easier to understand

or 

@Garrett Now I have a new issue. The task won’t clear out of tasks section. Even though the workflow completed now, the task is still available to action since that is the branch that terminated and my pause until branch completed first. :(

@brandiwoodson  You are more than capable to resolve this.

Check whether the task is still active. If still active, get the task terminated

Can't terminate tasks. Can only complete them and you can't pass variables through to assignnee and task name for configuration to even achieve that .....or at least i couldnt figure it out. 

Each task name is unique so how do i identify the task by name and task asignee to use complete a task action?

These will be different every time through variables.

Ill have to play around with get tasks and loop for each or something cause there will only ever be one task per instance. Maybe that'll help me. Thanks