Skip to main content

Is it possible to populate the people control in a Nintex Automation Cloud form that is set to Authenticate users in this tenant with the authenticated person.

I note in Nintex Forms for O365, there is a way to do this with a rule as is shown in this video.

But I don’t see an option to set the value of a people control in the form rules. I only see:

Description

Placeholder

Read-only

Required

Title

Tooltip

Visible

Thank you.

Hi Michele

Although this video is not populating a People control - it might be a solution to what you are trying to achieve, ie: it shows how to default the logged in users name on the form: 

Euan Gamble’s Nintex videos are excellent - shame he no longer works at Nintex.  

Regards

Ian

Hi,

If the control is just defaulting to the user that is completing the form, does the control have to be a people picker? If not you could default a text control to ÂContext].]Current user].]Email] to show the logged in user. Note that this formula does not work in Preview mode.  You will need to publish the workflow and test the form.

Hi @Michele and @stricki, it is not possible to set the default value for People Picker in NAC forms. The feature is currently in our backlog for NAC forms and it is open for voting on the ideas forum here. Can i please suggest, you vote on this idea so that we can move it up on the priority list? Thanks

@SimonMuntz - That is a great suggestion! Thank you. In this case, I don’t need it to be a people picker because the person submitting the form must be the requestor. (The requestor can’t have somebody fill out the form on another’s behalf.) And EXTRA thank you for noting that this formula doesn’t work in preview mode. I would have been banging my head against the wall wondering what I did wrong!

@SeeDee - Thank you for the link to the ideas forum to upvote the suggested idea. I went to upvote it and realized when I got there that I already did upvote it back in February. 🙂 Anyone reading this, please go upvote that idea.

Now to decide which to mark as best answer… Both answers were the best. Thank you both for getting back to me so quickly with suggestions.