Skip to main content

I've got a form with a repeating section, but it needs to go through several layers of authentication by the management hierarchy. Sometimes this will be passed back to the original form-filler.

Is there any way of passing previous answers back into the repeating section? I'd rather the original form-filler wouldn't need to start again with an empty form, if it's rejected for something minor.

I can do this for non-repeating forms by saving answers to a SQL database, then recalling the answers using a SQL SELECT statement. I then turn this into a Collection and extract the answers I need into variables, which are used to pre-populate the answer. This doesn't work for repeating sections however, as there doesn't seem to be an obvious way of targeting a specific row in a repeating section. 

Any help would be appreciated.

@alan_fire There is currently no way to pre-populate a repeating section, you could raise a feature on our uservoice(https://nintex.uservoice.com). A potential workaround would be displaying the existing repeating section data in a label and only asking the user to submit the information that needed changing.