Skip to main content

I've got a workflow where a user will create a 'to do' list, generated by their answers to questions. 

This is a particularly large form, so the 'to do' list can get very large. I populate a string variable for each page of questions to keep things neat, and none of these will ever exceed the size limit of that variable.

When I add the variables to a 'Assign a Task' email, I get a truncated error, which seems to point towards a string variable being too long:

500 - "The property value exceeds the maximum allowed size (64KB). If the property value is a string, it is UTF-16 encoded and the maximum number of characters should be 32K or less. RequestId:566b0f79-8002-0070-3c9e-2fb567000000 Time:2021-04--TRUNCATED]

When I add the variables to a stand-alone 'Send an Email' email, I get no errors. It would appear that the 'Assign a Task' email has a character limit, while the 'Send an Email' email doesn't. Is this correct?

Although I've solved this by sending 2 emails instead of one ('Send an Email' and 'Assign a Task'), it would be a lot neater if I could just use 'Send an Email' to send one combined email.

@alan_fire As you are receiving an error, I would suggest raising the error with the support team.