Question

Inserting image to excel template in generate pdf document

• 12 December 2023
  • 12 replies

Badge +2

Hello all,

how do I insert image to excel template while generating pdf document (there is no tag in nintex for image under excel tab)?

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @HMI83 

You need to configure your images first. When the images are properly configured, they will appear in the Nintex Tagger.

Image - Configuration.
Example is using image from URL.

Badge +2

Thanks @Garrett, however:

I already configured my image, and it shows the tag <<Image_image>> which is not correct (this tag is for MS Word)! It will not be accepted by excel in cell define name (gives below error) and if I remove <<>> it will not work:

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @HMI83 

You have define a “Defined Name” for a cell or range of cell.

Use the Name Manager to remove this “Defined Name”. 
Click the Formulas tab, click the Name Manager. 

Remove the “Defined Name”. Check whether there is any duplicate names for this cell.

Configure with the correct Excel tag.

Badge +2

Thanks @Garrett again, I don’t have any existing defined names, but as I said it will not accept the syntax of Nintex tag <<Image_image>> in the define name for the cell:

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @HMI83 

1. Where is the image from? 
    SharePoint List, SharePoint Library, File Upload to Form… etc? 
  2. Can you share the screenshot Tag from the Nintex Tagger?
  3. Can you share the screenshot Tag from the Name Manager?
  4. Also if you don’t mind, you can PM me the link to download the Excel doc.
    Pls remove any confidential details from the Excel.

Badge +2

Hi @Garrett 

1. the image is form based from signature control.
  2. it is blank excel file, just testing on it with image tag.
Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @HMI83 

Remove the “<<” and “>>” from the Tag. In your case, the correct tag should be “Image_pm_signature”.
This is a bug.

@SimonMuntz, @JRoberts 

There seems to be a bug with the Nintex Document Tagger for Excel Images.
It should NOT prefix “<<” and suffix “>>”.  
If you paste the default image from the Tagger, Excel will report the following Error.

Badge +2

Hi @Garrett , even if I removed the “<<” and “>>” from the Tag, still the image won’t show. I think there is a bug with the Nintex Document Tagger for Excel Images or there should be another way of using the tag in Excel!

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I manage to get it to work…

You need to use the « and ». Replace name in Selection Pane.

Simple NAC Form to capture signature

Log

PDF

Badge +2

Hi @Garrett , what do you mean by Replace name in Selection Pane!? Do I have to insert a dummy picture in the template first, then I make reference to it which will replace the dummy picture! But, this way is not supposed to be a perfect Nintex solution to insert image in Excel! they should fix this bug or give better solution.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @HMI83 

Hi @Garrett , what do you mean by Replace name in Selection Pane!? Do I have to insert a dummy picture in the template first, then I make reference to it which will replace the dummy picture! But, this way is not supposed to be a perfect Nintex solution to insert image in Excel! they should fix this bug or give better solution.

Yes.- Insert dummy picture, Replace name in Selection Pane with the Nintex Tagger value

Badge +2

Hi @Garrett , thanks for your responses and support. I already did this, but I thought there is a better way without inserting a dummy picture first. But as you said in the beginning, there seems to be a bug with the Nintex Document Tagger for Excel Images. Thank you so much again.