Solved

How to pass the selected value between task to task for Choice - Multiple?

• 17 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi all,

I want to implement the rule to show the selected values in Multiple Checkbox from previous Task to the next Task however I don’t see any option to pass the default value for this component. Appreciate if anyone can have an advice or a solution

https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nwc/Content/Designer/FormControls/ChoiceMultiple.htm

Thank you!

Toan

icon

Best answer by Garrett 18 December 2023, 18:48

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I don’t think Nintex has this feature.

If it were a Single Choice field, I could use a rule to set the default dynamically, but I don’t see that option in the Multiple Choice field.

What I have done, as a workaround, is display (read-only) the previously selected choices, then have the user check a box to display a new choice field if he or she wants to modify the previously selected choices.  I use rules or workflow actions to check if the user modified and then use the new values.

Badge +1

Hi Rookie,

Thanks for your reply.

I agreed on the work around solution because we have no choice to make it more friendly UI.

It’s better that Nintex should have this feature to consistent with others component because we create multiple tasks need to pass the selected value from the previous task to the next task, and reduce the coding rule to handle the checked and unchecked values 

Regards,

Toan 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @toanphan 

Do you have many options in the Multiple Checkbox?

If you have 8 or less options, you can use this workaround - using multiple Yes/No controls.
Still possible if you have more options but it requires more rework. 

After a Task is completed, saves the values into multiple variables.
When a new Task is loaded, use form rules to set the values to the Yes/No controls.
After second Task is completed, saves the values into multiple variables.

Badge +1

Hi @toanphan 

Do you have many options in the Multiple Checkbox?

If you have 8 or less options, you can use this workaround - using multiple Yes/No controls.
Still possible if you have more options but it requires more rework. 

After a Task is completed, saves the values into multiple variables.
When a new Task is loaded, use form rules to set the values to the Yes/No controls.
After second Task is completed, saves the values into multiple variables.

Thanks Garrett. Yes, it works for max 6 single checkboxes in a row. Appreciate

Cheer!

Toan