Solved

How to get NAC document attachments into notification emails from workflow?

• 6 April 2024
  • 8 replies

Badge +2

Hi,  I have a customer that wants to send upon a form submission an email out of network to a vendor to translate documents not able to be done here. 

Problem is I already know and use how to link back to the original form so in-network team members can access the attachments that way.  Issue this is going out of network and I need to solve how to get NAC attachments directly into emails as attachments.

icon

Best answer by brandiwoodson 10 April 2024, 19:08

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

I'm not at my desk or I'd give step by step instructions with screenshots.

In case nobody replies right away...you need to do the following:

1. Add a loop for each action

2. Loop through list item attachemts

3. Add an add item to collection

4. Create a collection

5. Add collecttion (wven if only one file) to fike atta hments on send an email action (not exchange)

Hope that helps. Basically create a collection of files. 

Be mindful outlook has a limit and workflows will fail if limit is exceeded.

Badge +8

Hello @LandsEnd ,

I hope I understand your requirement correctly.

The attachment control you put on the form ends up as a Collection (of Files) variable in the Workflow, you can use that Collection Variable directly in the Attachment property for the e-mail:

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

@LandsEnd deon gave great instructions. Not sure why i was thinking your attachments were stored on a sharepoint online list item. You can disregard my instructions. :)

Badge +2

Thanks Deon,  I don’t know it comes down to this … the Show Variables I have from my Start Event is different.  What’s the missing part of the pie.  I see you have vars but maybe what is it you mean by this, “The attachment control you put on the form ends up as a Collection (of Files) variable in the Workflow”   How to do that because I don’t see those by default looking at var on my start event and thanks!

1. The Send Email step you see from my site.
  1. Going to step ‘Send and email’ where I’d like to send an attachment.

1. And click ‘insert’ I don’t get what you have as variables from the start event I don’t get those and question is why ??

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

@LandsEnd  - If you are using list item attachments and attempting to add them to an email, then follow my instructions I provided earlier

He gave you instructions for attachments on a Nintex Automation Cloud start event form.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Here are revised instructions now that I’m at my desk. I missed one action on my initial response.

Step 1) Create a collection variable for your files to be stored.

Step 2) Add a loop for each action - you need to loop through attachment details to fetch files.

Step 3) Add a Get item attachment by name action in the loop for each action.

• You have to use another action to grab the file itself vs attachment details.
  • Create a “file” variable for outputting of each attachment as it loops.

Step 4) Add an add item to collection action in the loop for each action.

Step 5) Add a send an email and pass the collection variable to file attachments.

Your workflow would look like this: 

Badge +2

Hi brandiwoodson,  I can’t thank you enough. I am getting attachments now in emails from newly submitted Nintex forms. This now affords emails to go out to a vendor that translates documents for hospitals.  It was a big deal and your screenshots keep using them they afforded me to see a lot of how the workflow activities came together that was awesome. My was question on email attachments has been answered by you thanks again :) 

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

I’m glad I was able to help.