Skip to main content
Question

Grab info from external list via NAC workflow

• 12 June 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I am trying to grab info from a column in an external list while using Nintex Automation Cloud Workflow. I currently have my workflow setup in Nintex for O365 but need to move it to the NAC… I am trying to mimic the following below but can only get the field’s name/ID and not sure why it won’t return what I have actually sitting in the column. This is a people/group field…

Nintex for O365 workflow setup:

SharePoint External list:

When I am in NAC workflow, I get the following options below (query a list)…ID only. Why am I not able to get the group that I have listed for that item and that you see on the screen shot above for the external list?

workflow layout:

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @jpacheco 

with reference columns like this there is always a little bit of a assistance the sharepoint is providing automatically to show the value the lookup is referring to, however to the API that any other app including NAC we only see the reference ID. 

to get the value you need you will either need to store the value into a calculated column (not 100% sure if this works in this scenario) or perform an additional lookup to get the value directly from the source using the ID stored in the field. 

Jake 

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi @jpacheco did Jake’s response answer your question?

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

@MillaZ,

I tried but I may be confused… can you provide an example?

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

@Jake can you help please? :)