Solved

Getting a value from another workflow.

• 6 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi All,

I have created 2 workflows: Main Workflow and GM Workflow in Nintex Automation Cloud.

In the Main Workflow, General Manager approval is required at the 2nd stage.

In the GM Workflow, when an email is passed, it finds the General Manager's name (refer attachment). I created this separately so that in the future, if another workflow requires GM approval, I don’t need to repeat the same logic and can retrieve the name from the "GM Workflow".

I would like to use the GM name in the "Main workflow" for the 2nd stage approval task once the Main Workflow initiator's email is passed to the "GM workflow".

Please can anyone help if this is possible else will merge GM logic in Main workflow.

Thanks & Regards

icon

Best answer by Chris_Ben 6 March 2024, 20:46

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Natha, you are on the right track.

All you need to do in your GM workflow is create some variables that you want to pass back to the main workflow and set them as output variables.  In your case, you want to pass back the GM Name (and maybe email?)  So you’d set up the variables like this:

Then be sure to set those variables to whatever value is appropriate e.g.

Now, when you start that GM workflow from your main workflow you will see the variables returned.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Good morning Chris,

Thank you so much for helping me out with all the details. You have made my day. I tried it, and it worked like a charm. Appreciated once again.