Question

Get Data from Nested Repeating Section to DocGen

• 23 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello, 

I’m trying to get data out of my nested repeating sections and I can’t figure out where I’m going wrong. 

For some reason I can’t upload any images. I’m trying to follow these instructions: Getting Data From a Nested (Embedded) Repeating Section | Community (nintex.com). My form has the same set up as the example.

But I’m getting this error message on the first action: [WorkflowExecution.Xml.InvalidXmlSource] XML Source Value is Invalid: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1..

Has anyone found a better way to do this??

3 replies

Badge +8

Hello @staylo , the example seems to be for a very old Nintex for SharePoint example, not NAC.

In NAC, the repeating section data is stored in a Collection variable, so will be able to directly do a Loop for each on the collection and pull out individual fields from the resulting Loop variables…

Badge +1

Thanks Deon, I was able to do that for the first level of repeating section but I have nested repeating sections and I can’t figure out how to get the data out of the second level.

Badge +8

In that case @staylo , you will need another For each loop nested in the 1st one. 

It will iterate over Outer-Loop→ Item→ Collection