Skip to main content

I’m getting this error when trying to create a NEW sharepoint list item:

Received an error response from the connector: BadRequest: The user does not exist or is not unique.
(Correlation Id: 8869be4f-da7b-4e75-bfdd-9695b03cc5c3). )Error Code: IO.XtensionExecute.ErrorResponse]

Does anyone know what the problem could be?
There are two people fields that I’m trying to write to the list  (Requestor and Manager)

Hi @G-Agile 

This error returns from the Sharepoint typically for a few reasons.

1. The user is no longer valid or not found by the SharePoint
  2. The user email is already a part of the people field you are trying to update
    e.g. My people field contains Jake, Jim and Bob, If i use an action to add Jake you will get this error, if this is truly the first action of creation then its not likely this is the issue.
  3. The people field is configured to prevent multiple users and you are trying to add multiple users.

I would add log to instance actions to check what values you are entering into those fields, it is always best to use emails.

I would also manually test adding those values to the item to see if those users are valid or not.

If you still run into issues please let me know.

Hi @G-Agile 
Did you manage to resolve this?

Hi @G-Agile 
Did you manage to resolve this?

Yes, the Requestor & Manager fields are collections, so I had to loop through each to grab the data I wanted to write to SPO.  I’m not sure why I had to do this, because the requestor and manager data types were also of type “person/group” in my sharepoint list but it did not like it when I used the field mapping in the SPO create an item object.  I had to update those columns after as shown:

Thanks!