Workflow designer bug in K2 5.3 (Email HTML view)

• 18 September 2019
  • 5 replies
  • 1 view

Hello,

currently we are on K2 5.3 FP7 and wen noticed a but in the workflow designer but we do not know the steps to reproduce the bug every time...

We have two Email steps in that workflow. It happens from time to time that the designer looses the ability to switch between "html view" and "not html view" (clicking on that button will not switch anymore)

Then clicking on any other email step will lead to automatically save the content of the first email step to any other email step you are trying to edit!

It looks like the browser did not reload the content of the email anymore and the automatic save from the workflow designer saves the wrong input!

This happens for any browser (Edge, Chrome, IE)

I am not sure how I can give you more infos on that topic because trying to reproduce that error leads to destroying your email steps and the automatic save will also save it to the workflow!

I think this error is rather serious and should be solved...

regards,

Johann

5 replies

Some Screenshots:

Old Email Step:

In the old Email Step, the HTML button is activated and cannot be deactivated anymore.

Every new Email Step has an empty email until you click on "open in editor". Then the content of the "old" step is automatically inserted, the HTML button is deactivated and cannot be activated agan...

Badge +6

Hi,

This is happend always with me. once I switched to HTML view and can not be viewed in normal mode. but during process execution i couldnt' find any issue, even though it is html view. 

we tested in html editor and then we pasted in workflow Task Email.

Regards,

Thriveni

I think it is a bug but I do not know how I can tell it K2 because I have no full step by step info on how to reproduce it...

It is pretty bad when it happens because I have to repair it (I have again no step by step but after som trying it always works anytime... :-()

Hello JSC,

I know that it is hard to explain the potential cause of the issue, but I would still recommend logging a Support ticket with K2 to have this issue addressed.  They can work with you to determine a potential cause, and get it logged as a bug if it happens to be one.  A fix might then get released, which will hopefully save others from experiencing the same issue in the future!

Thanks!

I have created a support ticket for this topic.