Creating K2 4.7 Package in K2 Five environment

• 16 October 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi,

A dedicated server has been installed for K2 Five development (since the current 4.7 server does not comply with the hardware requirements for 5.3). This is to prepare us from migrating 4.7 to 5.3. 

Since you cannot deploy packages in 4.7 to 5.3, how can I create a new package using the 5.3 version? I am trying to add the server in the K2 Package and Deployment but it comes up with an error (please see attached screenshot).

Thanks and Kind Regards,

Joan

16932iA3A1E2E4FBF4F622.png

3 replies

Hi Joana,

1. Just to check are you able to see this error on your Host Server logs? this can be found in 

[Install Drive]K2 BlackpearlHost ServerBin

"Error","Communication","8130","ConnectionPacketError","SourceCode.SocketService.Legacy::HandlePacket","8130 Error processing message from [IP address insert here]: Invalid archive type","","","

2. when you click on "show details" on your p&d tool error does it show the below details

System.Exception: Invalid archive type
at SourceCode.Hosting.Client.BaseAPI.BaseAPIConnection.ProviderAuthentication(SCConnectionStringBuilder connectionStringBuilder, MarshalMessageType authenticationType)
at SourceCode.Hosting.Client.BaseAPI.BaseAPIConnection.Authenticate(String connectionString)
at SourceCode.Hosting.Client.BaseAPI.SocketBaseAPIConnection.OnOpen(SCConnectionStringBuilder connectionStringBuilder)
at SourceCode.Hosting.Client.BaseAPI.BaseAPIConnectionBroker.OnOpen(SCConnectionStringBuilder connectionStringBuilder)
at SourceCode.Hosting.Client.BaseAPI.BaseAPIConnection.Open(String connectionString)
at SourceCode.Management.SnapIns.K2Management.Server.CreateConnection()

3. If those above are true this may seem to be related to KB  https://help.k2.com/kbs100231

and try the steps given in the article

Should you feel that this post is of use and or an accurate solution to the raised question, I kindly encourage you to mark it as such using the 'Mark as Solution', 'Kudo' andor ‘Me Too’ options.

Best Regards,

Kate

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.

Good day Joana;

Please have a look at the following KB article: https://help.k2.com/kbs100231

and could you give the steps below a try and let me know how it goes?
1. Stop IIS from Windows Command Prompt (iireset /stop).
2. Stop K2 Blackpearl server service.
3. remove DLL record from the registry (SourceCode.HostClientAPI)
Path: - HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTInstallerAssembliesGlobal
4. Use Gacutil tool or right click on the assembly to remove it from WindowsAssembly.
5. Run the K2 Blackpearl repair from the installer.

If that does not help then the probable cause for this might be that in your K2 Management -> Environment Library -> the following objects might be out of sync: (1) Category Server, (2) ServiceObject Server, (3) SmartForms Server, (4) SmartObject Server, (5) Workflow Management Server.

It's also possible that the setup is pointing to the wrong K2 DB/SQL Server. Or another instance where this could happen is during package and deployment, where those values could be overwritten.

- To fix this, you can update this via the K2 Management > Environment Libraries and change it to contain the correct values.
- Redeploy the solution
- Test the workflows with new instances
- (Existing instances will not be recoverable)
- Workflow Server

Best regards,

Dumisani

Badge +7

Hey  Joana,

This error usually means a mismatch between components. If you are deploying from a client machine, make sure that the client tools are in the same version as the destination server. There might be also an issue with a component i.e SmartForms, Control Packs, SharePoint, that hasn't been upgraded to the last version.

Verify that in Control Panel - uninstall a Program - Programs that all the versions Match to the latest ones.