Skip to main content

On this new October release, the "send notification" action have brought two new features that will bring some new capabilites to your Office 365 scenario.

• Mails can now be sent to external emails
  • Mails can now contain multiple attachements

From the release date of this new version, when you will upgrade your app on your tenant, you have this frame that will open

Lets make a deep dive in it. Everything we are going to talk about today is the "send an email" Action!

So let's take a look at the difference between the previous and the new version. basically graphically, you  will see a new parameter below the "Subject"  line. This will allow you to add Email Attachmnents in your email.

In a list Workflow that is launched on an item, you can send attached to your email the listitem attachments by simply checking the "Include Current List Item Attachment" Checkbox.

In another hand you can also select a document which is not atached to the item by specifying the direct relative site URL of the document. It will be automatically attached as well.Note that there is a 20MB limit for the attachments!

Let's test it but I'm gonna put my personnal adress (which is not a O365 adress) in the test so that I will be sure that both features work!

Here I'm actually attaching both, the list item attachments (there are two) AND a document that is in the docLib of the site. I should then receive 3 attachments! on **********@live.com .

After one minute or two, I have received my email with 3 documents attached!

This "external email" could seem basic, but technically it is a great achievement, O365 natively limitating this capability! Good job (again) dev team!

Perfect, a much needed capability. 

Great !

Hi Duane,

The issues has been resolved. Could you try to run your workflow again to see it resolves for your side. Kindly feedback to us if you're still running any issues. For the issue where user does not have email, the workflow will terminate as it is not valid email address.

Hi Duane,

Great I'm glad it works for you now . At this point, we've fixed the issues for resolving SP Group and multiple recipients email. We have some couple of issue with Sharepoint Workflow calling Sharepoint API but there is no release date yet. However, we can roll out the changes pretty quickly as hotfix.

You've bring up a good point where we need to have a release note regression like we do for the Nintex On-Prem products.

Thanks for the great suggestion Duane. If you face any issues do not hesitate to talk to our customer support .

Regards,

Adrian

Can you please show how to get the direct relative site URL? I have been unsuccessful in getting Nintex to grab the file.