Skip to main content

Updated

Update 25/01/2019 (January 25th)

We are in the final stages of preparing for a move to the new community site and there are a few things that will affect our members:

• We will be placing the community site into maintenance mode on 04/02/2019 (February 4th) DD/MM/YYYY. This means that the site will be inaccessible during this time and should come back up within 24 hours. We will have more information and a page to address any concerns during this window.
  • User registration will be disabled on 30/01/2019 (January 30th) DD/MM/YYYY as we prepare for the relaunch. This means if you don't already have an account, click here to register before that day, otherwise you'll have to wait until after the new launch to sign up. Without an account, you cannot post questions or responses, so we highly encourage everyone to register to participate.

---------- Original Message ---------- 

Hello Connect members,

My name is Eric Harris and many of you may have seen my name somewhere here either on a post, Nintex Hangout videos or content with Nintex. I’m excited to be reaching out to you in 2019 on the community and wanted to bring you some great news as Nintex starts out the new year with a bang.

Video Link : 1487  

While many of you signup as members and visit here to post questions or find answers, there is a group who do more such as help moderate, and most importantly help set the atmosphere of the community by making other members feel comfortable here. As a representative of Nintex and a former community member, Nintex Champion and evangelist, I want to say thanks for all that you have done, and happy new year to each of you.

Over the past year, you may or may not have heard about a small project Nintex took on to revamp this community, make some enhancements and updates to make it easier to serve you and migrate to a different platform so we can keep growing together.

Well I’m pleased to announce that while a year is a long time, doing things right is always our aim and we are getting really close to launch time. Hope you’re excited as I am about it, if not, get excited because this is for and about you.  and we want your help to make sure the community continues to grow. Because this is your community, I want you to be part of this launch to make this the biggest technical community launch in the history of Nintex, and communities like it worldwide.

So what does this mean? This is the first of many updates I will be posting as we get ready for the launch, so definitely stay tuned. Also visit here often and do what you do best, post questions and answers right here. Also if you have any suggestions, ideas, complaints or whatever you want to call it, list them below in the comments section and I'll be sure we take note as we finish up the final launch steps. 

WOOOOOOOOOOO! Updates  

Also if you have any suggestions, ideas, complaints or whatever you want to call it, list them below in the comments section and I'll be sure we take note as we finish up the final launch steps. 

Super hype about getting some new community features, but also have a few questions.

1. Do you all have any plans on keeping the Blogging / Document feature, or will everything just be a 'post'? Having a living document (with revision changes) is actually really damn interesting *if* used right  

• I suppose as a side-note to that, if we do lose Blogs / Documents / etc., what happens to those posts after migration? 

2. Would you all be open to the idea of creating a more visible representation of community interaction / participation? Over on the Autodesk forums, there are a series of ranks going from 1~12 that are shown next to everyone's name. It makes it super easy to see which posts have been started from new users vs. older users, which usually gives you a clue as to how easy or difficult it's going to be to answer or engage with. 

(Example Screenshot, or visit the link if you just wanna look: Inventor Customization - Autodesk Community)

Additionally there are other bits of flare that can be added onto that (there is a subgroup of users called 'Expert Elites' which are basically regular users who are super active / helpful on the forum and have some basic admin rights / clout), or a full on replacement of the icon based on whether or not you're an actual employee, etc. 

Not a necessity, but I just think it would be interesting to have something similar. 

3.  Last but not least, if nothing else, please please please, if you can, make it so that only an actual reply to a topic will flag the post as having been modified!!! Seeing topics come back from the dead and up to the top of the heap because someone liked it, is kinda awful and vexing. It pushes down actual new content / requests for help, and unless you're looking at the 'created on' date, it's not always apparent when you hop into one of those resurrected posts. 

That's all for now! Keep up the amazing work and I can't wait to see what you all have in store for this New Year of Nintex! 

♥️

PS: I TOTALLY LIED I AM NOT DONE AT ALL AND HAVE ONE MORE QUESTION!!!!

1. Do you all plan on reducing the incredible amount of forum 'rooms' that you have? Some of them, at this point, feel particularly ambiguous or vague. While know that the conversation on Dev Talk is going to be higher level, there is really nothing there that should stand to reason as to why it's that way. There have been just as technical posts made in other parts of the forum. 'Getting Started' seems to be the place where people go when they aren't sure where a thing should be, I suspect because 'Nintex for Sharepoint' is newish and so easily missed amongst the other titles that begin with the word 'Nintex' 

It would be nice to have it narrowed down into a much smaller selection that either opened up to Sub-Selections 

Nintex Workflow |
                               |==> SharePoint On Premise 
                               |==> SharePoint Online 

Or the other way around (pick your environment first and then your product). 

2. Do you think that you could add a mandatory spot for new user accounts that would ask for their environment information from the get-go? There could of course be misc & and "I don't know" options, but it would be super helpful for everyone involved if there was some kinda 'basic information' that we could when answering a question. 

Products, Version, Online / On Prem, Standard Browser / Mobile, Bonus: Standard Form Type (if Forms was selected). 

I think it could save so much early conversation between those who need help and those who are trying to give it. 

Alright, I'm really done this time!!!

Yay! 

I agree with Mihail Nica, it would be cool if we could add product info to our posts. It would be tricky to add it to the profile, what happens if you upgrade?

I love the community, It's one of the best I've seen, keep up the good work!

Also, where do I get one of those awesome Nintex sweatshirts!?

Kassie

Totally! I am not suggesting that it can't be changed. Just that you would have to put *something* into it when you make an account. It should have options that are essentially "I don't know" or "nothing", but they could be changed afterwards or a community member could guide them on how to change it once they asked a question and they were able to establish it (those instructions on "how to find this info" could even be put next to those fields on account creation!). 

I just think it might save the (most common as far as I can tell) inevitable questions of:

* Is it online or on prem

* which version is it
* which Forms type
* which browser 

N M Thanks as always for the response and details. I'm digging through these now and will reach out to you for follow up.

Will Jive continue to be the platform for the community or are changing the provider?

Hey Ricky, It's changing away from Jive to a new platform.

Thanks Andrew for the update.
Cheers. 
Jon

so where is the Connect (forum?) now and when is it migrating? or am I in the migrated Connect forum now?