Introducing Nintex App Studio

• 24 September 2016
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

A bit over a year ago, we released Nintex Mobile Enterprise as was written about by Brad Orluk. At it's core what it allowed customers to achieve was simple branding and deployment options for their Nintex Mobile Apps. 

Over the year, we've listened to our customers and continued to innovate, with a steady pace of improvements. This latest release, however, is significant and an opportunity to give the service a new name..

So without further adieu I introduce you to Nintex App Studio. 

Nintex App Studio is the next generation of Nintex Mobile. Whilst Nintex Mobile still remains available to the relevant app store. Nintex App Studio goes beyond the free app, allowing to you:

• brand, using out of the box templates or bring your own colours..
  • Automatically preview how your App will look

192646_pastedImage_9.png

• Customize what forms to include or filter out
  • Specify one or many platform accounts to use, including the new Nintex Workflow Cloud which will be available for

192648_pastedImage_13.png

•  Pick and choose which platforms you want to deploy to

192649_pastedImage_1.png

• Add your own company logos 

192653_pastedImage_6.png

• Manage iOS certificates and profiles
  • Manage Distribution lists
  • Manage the deployment of the Apps vis the Distribution lists

192654_pastedImage_9.png

But it won't stop there, Nintex App Studio team will continue to innovate and build fantastic features and functionality to allow customers to make even better apps for their business processes. 

Another big change is how you can get Nintex App Studio. Previously it was a stand alone license purchase for packs of 5 apps. Unless of course you owned Nintex Forms Enterprise On-prem. Which came with a complimentary 1 App license. A Nintex App Studio 5 app pack is included in the Enterprise Subscription. A special promotion is being offered to exsisting customers looking to moves from perpetual licensing to subscription, this will also include Nintex App Studio in the Enterprise subscription. If you would like any more info on this, please feel free to reach out to your local Nintex partner or contact sales@nintex.com.

All in all, I'm very excited for Nintex App Studio. Already we have been using this latest release internally with a number of forms, that our Nintex Executives need. We also use it for Nintex staff to apply for leave, apply to get a new Hyper-V server, submit a helpdesk job etc.. But happily keeping these forms apart in their own specific app. Living both in SharePoint On-prem and O365.

Below are 3 examples of existing customer and what they use Nintex App Studio for.

So I'll finish off with a question. ................. What do you use it for ?  let me know in the comments below..

Keep on truckin

Dan.

2 replies

Badge +6

Great write up ‌!

Having just visited the Nintex App Studio to build a custom app for my Microsoft Ignite demo, I can tell you it was a breeze to configure all of my app settings such as name, authentication method, logos, color scheme (Love the Seattle theme!), etc. Then click a button and a few minutes late a shiny new app is waiting for me.

It was a perfect "coin op" experience!

Oh and the sent items is just a delicious cherry on top.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Nice work team!

Our finance app is awesome.  Travel authorisations and expense claims all at our fingertips.  Our staff never carry paper receipts - they just take a photo and it's sent through for processing before they arrive back at the office.  With this new release, we're going to have even more control about how the app looks so we can fit it in with our corporate brand and that is very important to us!!