Filter a group in a group

Is it possible to generate a quote with a group relationship within a group relationship AND make the second group dependent on the first group?

I am able to generate a document with the mentioned grouping, but the second group is never dependent on the first group. If I add a filter in the second group saying that the group name should be the same as the first group, it only filters the first group and duplicates it for all the other groups.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hey Peter Watteeuw‌,

Would you please clarify your question? I'm not sure I understand what you mean about the 2nd group vs the 1st group. I've included our grouping documentation below to possibly answer your question.

Grouping Documentation: http://help.nintex.com/en-US/docgen/docservices/#docgen-sfdc/Services/manageDDP/GroupSFORelatoinship.htm%3FTocPath%3DUse… 

Cheers,

Ryan

Hi Ryan O'Leary

Thank you for your reply. I must admit that my question is a bit unclear. Let me clarify with an example:

You have a quote that has two shipping adressess. The client would like to see this in the generated quotes. In the quote line editor, you have a functionality to group quote lines (Maybe it's a bit confusing that you group by the name group). This is not that hard: you make a relationship with the object "quote lines" with copy type 'groups' and make sure that the right tags are set in the document. 

Now here's the question:

How do you give this grouping an extra dimension: An extra group in the intial grouping. For example, that the quote lines have a first group, directly set in the quote line editor, and a second group based on another field on quote line. 

The example: 

1 quote with 5 products in 2 groups 

Group 1: first shipping address (First level hierarchy)

Hardware: (Second level hierarchy, first group)

1 Computer

1 Printer

Software: (Second level hierarchy)

1 Software program

Group 2: second shipping address (First level hierarchy)

Hardware: (Second level hierarchy)

1 Computer

Software: (Second level hierarchy)

1 Software program

Answer:

Make a first relationship with copy type 'table' 

Make a second relationship with Related By (What you have) and specify the first relationship you made ( = table)

This second relationship should have a filter that specifies the first group in the second level hierarchy. 

Make a third relationship with Related By (What you have) and specify the first relationship you made ( = table)

This third relationship should have a filter that specifies the first group in the second level hierarchy. 

Repeat the second level hierarchy relationships as many times as you have second level hierarchy groups (in the example this was 'Hardware' and 'Software'. 

Possible problem: If there would be too many second level hierarchy groups, you should work with SOQL.       Unfortunatelly i did not had the time to work with this,       so this remains unanswered. 

I tried to be as clear as possible, if anybody should have any additional questions, please feel free to ask them!

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hey ‌,

When you're setting up a Grouping relationship you can select more than one field to group by. If that is not what you're trying to do I think it would be best if you reached out to our support team and showed them your use case visually.

Cheers,

Ryan