Solved

Error creating attachment for (...) (invalid_type_on_field_in_record): --DEPRECATED - Do Not Use--: value not of required type: (ExternalError)

• 5 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

I'm having this error when generating a doc in Salesforce using Nintex, but I’m not able to debug further as this is a managed package

Error creating attachment for (Change_Request__c:a6U3z000000UBrk) (invalid_type_on_field_in_record): --DEPRECATED - Do Not Use--: value not of required type: (ExternalError)
Include this Error Id if you contact support: d834bdfa-76c8-4055-a3e4-b179b93af2fd

icon

Best answer by Frankie 6 February 2024, 17:35

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Usually, one can either contact support and provide the Error Id or use the AI Help Assistant to lookup the Error Id. In this case, you’ll need to contact Support, for this is what the AI Assistant says,

“I'm sorry, but I couldn't find the specific Error Id for the issue you mentioned in the sources available to me. I suggest reaching out to our customer support department for further assistance. They will be able to provide you with the specific Error Id and help you resolve the issue.”

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

@yassine  - This Record has a Deprecated Field inSalesforce and we are unable to attach due to this. Can you reach out to your Salesforce Admin and find out what fields on either the Attachment object or record object that may be trying to update or be updated.