K2 4.7 February 2017 Cumulative Update
K2 4.7 February 2017 Cumulative Update Fix Packs
The K2 4.7 February 2017 Cumulative Update contains updates and fixes for issues reported in K2 4.7 products. K2 recommends keeping your K2 environment updated by installing the latest cumulative update, and that you test this update before you deploy to a production environment.
Prerequisites and Dependencies
This cumulative update is only compatible with K2 4.7 products (e.g. K2 blackpearl 4.7, smartforms 4.7 and K2 for SharePoint 4.7). Because cumulative updates are cumulative, each new cumulative update contains the updates and fixes that were included with previous cumulative update releases. The cumulative update does not require any previous cumulative updates or fixes to be installed, and no additional cumulative update is required to fully patch a K2 environment. If you have previously installed individual hotfixes that are included in this cumulative update, those hotfixes will not be removed or modified unless a newer version of the hotfix is available in the cumulative update.
Obtaining and installing the update
May 2017 is the latest released cumulative update see KB001888 for download details.
To install the cumulative update, run the cumulative update installer on every machine in your environment where a K2 product or component is installed, including desktop machines which have K2 Studio or K2 Designer for Visual Studio installed. The same installer is used to update the specific K2 products and components that are installed on that machine.
Included in this Update
This cumulative update includes the following updates and fixes:
- After upgrading, you are unable to open a task request which results in the following error: "User does not have start rights".
- When deploying K2 artefacts to sub sites within the same site collection, inconsistencies appear such as missing rules and incorrect SmartObject creation.
- When schemas reference each other within a service it causes a stack overflow exception.
- On redeploy Task email notifications lost line breaks when any special formatting is applied (such as underlines, font color change, bolding) resulting in email format issues.
- After deploying a package which contains an Email Event, the event fails with the following exception: 'SourceCode.SmartObjects.Client.SmartObjectException'.
- When deploying a package to a production environment, a reference error (Remote Event Receiver / RER) is returned.
- The following error occurred when attempting an Active Directory employee login - "System Byte".
- After deleting or changing Azure Active Directory users, those users are not disabled in the Identity cache.
- When creating a K2 package, timeouts would occur.
- When deploying a package which contains a custom control which already exists on the target environment the following error is presented: Cannot insert duplicate key row in object.
- When deploying a package the following error is presented: The process cannot access the file 'C:[location][location]' because it is being used by another process.
- When adding an item to a SharePoint Library with a Picture library content type, a server error is thrown: 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object'.
- When a SQL service instance is remapped, the instance disappears from the additional references page.
- When registering service instances with large amounts of data, performance issues are experienced.
- When activating a sub site with K2 for SharePoint which shared a sub site name with a previously deleted sub site, clicking the close button on the Activate Site page, navigated to the K2 for SharePoint page instead of the Activation page.
- When generating a SmartObject after a failed deployment, the following error is presented: SmartObject Server Exception: Error refreshing Service Instance.
- When trying to deploy a package using K2 Package and Deployment, an error was received about a missing SmartObject. Trying to generate the SmartObject resulted in the following error: SmartObject Server Exception: Error refreshing Service Instance.
- When trying to create a SmartObject for a specific table using the Oracle service instance, the following error occurred "The given value of type SqlDecimal from the data source cannot be converted to type decimal of the specified target column".
- When integrating a SharePoint Library containing a Content Type or Required Number column with K2 for SharePoint, a 'Required Property Number does not exist on method. ' error occurred.
- When trying to register an Endpoints Webservice that connects to a Webservice that only supports TLS 1.1 and 1.2, an error was thrown.
- When updating the Manager field via an Active Directory SmartObject, an "Occurs more than once in the Forest" error is presented.
- When filtering an Active Directory SmartObject by the Manager field, no data is returned.
- After upgrading, the option to download the License Report in the K2 Management Site was no longer available.
- When registering the K2 for SharePoint app, the registration wizard throws a “An existing connection was forcible closed by the remote host.” or “Object reference not set to an instance of an object." error.
- When executing a SmartObject with composite methods, which contains GUIDS, the execution fails.
- After upgrading to K2 4.7, the app registration fails on SharePoint Online.
- The GetSccPassword used the shared SQL connection resulting in a lock wait time on the SQL connection.
- Previously all SmartObjects created in K2 Studio and K2 Designer for Visual Studio were visible as workflow SmartObjects. Now you are able to specify which of the SmartObjects must be visible as workflow SmartObjects.
- When adding a code reference event to a K2 process and linking a DLL to the event a 'One or more errors occurred while resolving references' error is presented.
- Mapping a service instance in Package and Deployment, did not resolve to allow a deployment to continue.
- Deploying a custom control that already exists on the target environment failed with an error message: "Cannot insert duplicate key row in object"
- Previously you were unable to verify if the package was loading. A spinner has been added to display the loading of the package.
- The SQL Service Instance did not display in the Additional References screen, on the Package and Deployment WEB UI, after it was remapped.
- When changing variables on the Package and Deployment summary page, results in the variables being cleared out.
- When activating the K2 for SharePoint app and clicking the Activate button, the activation doesn’t validate when the field is empty.
- When generating a SQL Server Reporting Services report via a K2 SmartObject and if Word is chosen as the export type, the file extension shows up as either .word or .wordopenxml instead of .doc or .docx
- In some specific solutions, Primary Key Constraints Errors occur on deployment.
- In K2 management site, when choosing a different user, the default is set to K2. This is usually not shown to the user. The user has to click on "More..." and then change the security label to AAD and before searching.
- When editing forwarded users for an OOO user, after adding more users the Exception + sign disappears and exceptions can't be configured.
- When starting workflows, the following error occurred on the SharePoint server: ClientExecption Send and Received failed with error".
- Performance fix was done on the User database.
- When connection remains open for 24hours, K2's connection becomes untrusted and needs to reconnect.
- After upgrading, the K2 for SharePoint app activation failed with the following error: "Conversion failed when converting from a character string to uniqueidentifier".
- You could still action a Worklist item even though the process instance bound to the Worklist item had a status of "Stopped".
- K2 Roles would not adhere to the Identitytimeout set, which would refresh the role memberships every hour.
- When using the Error Repair feature in K2 Designer for Visual Studio to fix an error within a workflow, the error was not repaired.
- When using Active Directory Service2 to execute the GetUsers method and then filtering on the Office property, no results were returned.
- When accessing the K2 Management Site from the K2 SharePoint App and clicking on any tree node, an exception is thrown.
- The K2 Management Site allows for workflows to be downloaded as kprx instead of wkprx.
- When attempting to select a system SmartObject from the K2 Management Site, an error occurs stating that "The incoming request has too many parameters".
- When creating a SharePoint Content SmartObject for a Document Library on one Site collection to copy documents to another sub-site library the following error occurred - "System.Exeption: Object reference not set to an instance of an object".
- A "ValidationPattern that could not be found" error occurs when deploying a package after upgrading to K2 4.7.
- When creating a forms based workflow from a Custom List, an object reference error occurs.
- When creating a package the following error occurred due to missing references on the SmartObject properties. - "SmartObject could not be found"
- A "Missing Reference" error occurred when deploying a package to the production environment.
- An error occurred in the Email SmartObject if a recipient was added to the Email who does not exist in CRM as an account.
- Errors are logged in host server and ADUM logs for users accessing K2 when the user is part of a Nested Organisational Unit and both the OU's have the same name.
- You are unable to invoke a SmartObject from within a workflow when using an Oracle database. The following error occurred "INSERT operation disallowed on virtual columns".
- When executing the GetGroupsByUser Method on the AD Service 2, no results were returned.
- An exception error occurred when the 'Name' property on an item reference was based on a User and Group column in K2 for SharePoint.
- In K2 4.7 when executing a SmartObject created from a SQL Stored Procedure with the SQL Server Service Broker, if one of the return properties contains a “NULL” in a “Number” field, a “Object cannot be cast from DBNull to other types” error is displayed.
- The configure service instance popup was not displaying the CRM service instance if the Source and Target had a CRM with the same name.
- When using the Update Document Properties event in a workflow the document's properties did not update.
- When using an Email Event where the Destination user is set as the recipient, the workflow fails with the following error - "Unable to cast transparent proxy to type 'SourceCode.KO.User' exception".
- After upgrading to K2 4.7 and registering an endpoint web service instance against a web service URL the following error occurred - "ValidationSystem.Exception: Invalid WebService WSDL".
- Unable to view SharePoint item details while approving a task.
- When opening a Managed User Worklist Item the following error occurred - "Workflow item could not be opened. Unable to cast object of type "System.String" to type SourceCode.Workflow.Client.User".
- When activating the K2 for SharePoint Application from the Manage App Activation page, the process did not complete and got stuck on the "Working on it" page indefinitely.
- When a workflow is set to assign a task to the "Originator" the task is sent to the K2 Service account and not the originator as specified.
- When attaching a file in SharePoint Online file names containing special characters are allowed. However when viewing the list item using SmartForms the following error occurred - "An error occurred while parsing EntityName".
- When creating a package the following validation error occurred when using "Navigate to another Form" rule is used - "Process is referencing the 'View Deleted From Form' Unknown that could not be found".
- When working with SharePoint and trying to view or retrieve attachment files, added by a user which is no longer Active or has been Disabled, Deleted or Removed the following error occurred - “User cannot be found” File Attachment.
- Unable to integrate a Document Library with K2 for SharePoint. The following error occurs - "SmartObject Server Exceptions does not exist on method".
- Using Document sets content type did not retrieve data when using with people picker control andor taxonomy field.
- In K2 Studio when working with a process with filter grouping on a SmartObject, the incorrect construction of the Group query displayed.
- When using the Assembly Endpoint service a timeout occurred when executing a long running method.
- You are not able to create a folder in SharePoint 2013 when using SharePoint 2010 mode. The following error occurs - “access denies exception – you do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource”.
- When using Out of the Box archive and enabling the Archive Extension with hostserverlogging.config with the regional setting set to UK English on the current user as well as the HostServer Account, the incorrect month was displayed in the month field.
- When using K2 Designer for SharePoint and populating a drop-down list using the Get List Items method the following error occurred when the form finished loading - "Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131904".
- After upgrading K2, a workflow created to start when new item is added to a SharePoint List, failed to start and the following error occurred - "64007 Provider did not return a result on GetGroup".
- Email Event failed after Package and Deployment with the following exception: 'SourceCode.SmartObjects.Client.SmartObjectException'.
- When a user redirects a worklist item an data parameter cannot be null or empty' error is shown in the host server log.
- When deploying a SharePoint package, the following error is presented in the deployment log: "Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_Form_Panel'".
- Unable to deploy a package. The workflow can be opened, edited and saved but when trying to deploy, the process hangs and the machine resources maxes out at 100%.
- When Paging is enabled on a view, pagination would not work.
- When using the PDF Broker a printing issue on Internet Explorer and Firefox was experienced, where a user was not able to print more than 2 pages of a view in Runtime.
- When setting a filter on a Picker control, an object reference not set to an instance of an object error is presented.
- When updating custom SQL service instance SmartObject via SmartForms, using the update method on a data type containing spaces the following error occurred "Incorrect Syntax near the keyword WHERE".
- When upgrading to K2 4.7, the SmartForms upgrade script ran into errors (Conversion failed when converting from a character string to uniqueidentifier).
- In a form the "Allow user action the task without opening the Form" checkbox cannot be unchecked.
- When editing a view, pagination does not work.
- When packaging a form which contains a “Navigate to a Form and execute a View method” action, the package fails.
- When changing the displayed columns of the Workflow Instance Grid control on a view at design time, the changes are not implemented at design time or runtime.
- The List Box control didn’t allow the selection of text from the control in IE 11 in default Edge Document Mode.
- When trying to resolve user names via the People Picker control in IE, the control lost focus.
- When a name filter is applied with a value of eighteen characters or more on the People Picker control, a performance issue is experienced.
- Multiple cross site scripting vulnerabilities resolved in SmartForms Runtime.
- After upgrading SmartForms, the Comments field at activity level cannot be found when a workflow action is executed.
- In a form the "Allow user action the task without opening the Form" checkbox cannot be unchecked.
- When an entire form was modalized, in some cases when running forms with sublevels 3 deep, certain rules would execute and close logic.
- When you have different Worklist controls, and you set up a filter on one Worklist, it will apply to all controls in runtime, and override filters set up at runtime.
- When configuring the “a workflow activity has been specified” conditions the following error occurred - "There are no items to display. As a result, this condition or action cannot be configured".
- When adding a new list item via submitting a SmartForm, a blank error is presented.
- When using the Rules Designer you are unable to configure the "if a Workflow Activity is specified" condition.
- Fixed Navigation to a URL, where the rule has a comment attached and the comment is added as a parameter on the URL.
- When adding a data label containing an expression to a view, the calculated value was out by one day.
- When using a SmartForm and the GetDocumentsMetadata method, at runtime the pagination functionality did not work.
- When working with a SmartForm and adding the same view to the form, ALM indicates an issue with the layout and the view could be in an error state.
- Fixed Validation tooltip message not being hidden, when Esc is pressed and the ELV is in edit mode and the mouse is hovering over a text box.
- When deleting a specific view from a form, rule/s and items are deleted for the same view.
- When using the CRM broker and adding an Ampersand (&) character in the Picker Control in SmartForms the following error occurred "Invalid XML".
- An "Invalid Column Name" error occurred when trying to display data in a List View using two SmartObjects with a many to one association.
- When a view is Initialized on a "Tab Clicked" rule instead of the "Form Initialized" rule, no spinner appeared to indicate the view is loading when the tab was clicked.
- The behavior of the Auto Complete Control changed. When trying to add text into the field the following error occurred - "Please fill out the required fields marked with asterisk (*)".
- When adding an expression to a view and using a specified value from a text box to set a data label to "true", the expression did not validate correctly.
There were no known special considerations for this cumulative update at the time of release.
Also see the K2 4.7 February 2017 Cumulative Update Fix Packs